As part of the SEED project, ACTED will pilot implementation of Village Savings and Loans Associations (or similar community-based savings and loans groups). While VSLA-type programmes have been rolled out with success across the world – Africa, Latin America, South-East Asia, South Asia, Central Asia – attempts to implement such programmes in Ukraine have been limited. Eastern Ukraine faces challenges but also presents opportunities for VSLA to succeed: structural poverty, conflict, low access to financial capital, dependency on social benefits vs. high education/literacy levels, near-universal basic Financial Literacy, community cohesion/trust, and high prevalence of home-based Agriculture and other subsistence activities. The consultancy’s objective is to adapt existing VSLA/community-based savings and loans methodologies to the context of Eastern Ukraine and to support its roll out under the SEED project. Therefore, ACTED invites individual consultants to submit applications for:Apply Now
- Adapting/developing a VSLA/Community-Based savings and loans methodology to the context in Eastern Ukraine in Russian Language.
- Developing/adapting appropriate training, M&E and Project Implementation materials.
- Leading and implementing the first training of trainers (ACTED Staff)
- Overseeing VSLA pilot implementation
- Advanced university degree in Social Work, international development or other relevant field;
- At least 5 years’ experience in micro-finance and/or community savings and loans, particularly in former Soviet Republics, Eastern/Central Europe or the BalkansSignificant training experience.
- Significant training experience.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluency in English and Russian (written and spoken)
- Ability to work within the international and multicultural environments.