1. ObjectivesThe objectives of the statutory audit are to enable the Auditor to express an opinion on whether the Financial Statements present fairly, in all material respects, the actual expenditure incurred in the Country office, Abuja and the revenue received for the Country Office for the period from 01 April 2020 to 31 March 2021 through the period from 01 April 2023 to 31 March 2024. To confirm that the Financial Statements agree with the books of account which provide the basis for preparation of the Financial Statements and are established to reflect the financial transactions as maintained by Oxfam in Nigeria and the partners.
The objective of the Project Audit of the Financial Statements of the Project is to enable the auditor to express a professional opinion on the financial position of the project at the end of the reporting period and of the funds received and expenditures for the reporting period, as reported by Oxfam in Nigeria and partners and in particular to confirm that the reported expenditure has, in all material respects, been used in conformity with the provisions of the Donor Contract, including any amendments thereto, and any applicable guidelines in force and applicable to the audit scope, and with due attention to economy and efficiency. To also confirm that the Financial Statements agree with the Project accounts (books of account) which provide the basis for preparation of the Financial Statements and are established to reflect the financial transactions in respect of the Project, as maintained by Oxfam in Nigeria and the partners.
The objective of the tax consultancy services is to relate effectively with FIRS in getting tax clearance certificate (TCC) for staff annually. To also file a tax return with medium tax office (MTO) every year for Oxfam in Nigeria and obtain TCC and also provide information and advice on issues relating to tax to ensure compliance with government regulations.
2. ScopeYour proposal is expected to cover the following services:
- Annual Statutory Audit
- Oxfam in Nigeria Project Audits as assigned
- Audit of Oxfam in Nigeria funds transferred to partner implementing agencies.
- Tax consultancy services.
. International Standards of Auditing (ISA) published by the International Auditing Practices Committee of the International Federation of Accountants.
2 ISA200 is code of Ethics for Professional Accountants Issued by IFAC.