occupied Palestinian territory
Tuesday, 18 June 2019
UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East
UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
CONSULTANCY – TERMS OF REFERENCE
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA’s services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. UNRWA is the largest UN operation in the Middle East with more than 30,000 staff. UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Consultancy – EU Digital Communications Coordinator, East Jerusalem
The UNRWA communications division HQ acts as the executive for all Agency-wide communications. The division directs and is responsible for the entirety of UNRWA public relations at a global and regional level.
A confident writer and visual storyteller with real attention to detail, you will ensure that EU visibility content and material are high-quality, relevant and on-brand. You must have an excellent understanding of what makes good copy, as well as a working knowledge of both print publishing and branding.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform regular monitoring and evaluation of activities related to the EU-UNRWA communications strategy and ongoing campaigns;
· Assist with creating original EU-UNRWA multimedia (photo and video) materials for dissemination across website and social media channels;
· Conduct regular media and social media assessment reports to measure impact of EU-UNRWA digital communications efforts;
· Research for, develop and pitch donor visibility branding guidelines for cohesive and uniform Agency-wide public presence;
· Write and edit captivating human interest stories, vibrant photo essays and other written and visual materials for the Agency’s external communications;
· Provide branding and editorial support to UNRWA staff at headquarters;
· Support the UNRWA social-media presence;
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor degree from an accredited educational institution in communications, journalism, digital arts, or a related discipline;
· At least two years of professional work experience in digital communications, delivering publications and and visual products from editing to print stage for public audiences;
· Excellent command of written and spoken English.
· A strong eye for visual composition and aesthetics;
· Extensive knowledge and use of various publishing software (eg Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier Pro);
· Demonstrable knowledge of marketing, streamlining brand identity and multimedia design;
· Knowledge of Arabic.
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation;
· Experience in maintaining websites, html, and back-end is a plus
· Excellent copy-editing skills and meticulous attention to detail;
· At least one year of international experience outside one’s home country working for an international NGO or UN agency on fundraising would be viewed favorably;
· Ability to plan and prioritize the work under tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities;
· Positive attitude and strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
· Proven ability to exercise initiative;
· Proficiency in using computer applications, including Excel, MS word, and power point.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
· The duration of the consultancy is 6 months , and an expected start date of 15 July 2019.
· Remuneration is $3,500/month
· The incumbent will be based in Jerusalem
Applicants should submit:
- A cover letter explaining their interest and clearly indicates how their experience and qualifications meet the requirements above
- Recent CV
- A visual portfolio with links to independently produced video, photo and graphic design work with appropriate descriptions for each is required. Include release date, concept summary and timeline of production.
- The names of at least two recent references
Send these documents to email@example.com, clearly indicating the title of this consultancy “**EU Digital Communications Coordinator”** in the subject line of the message. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.The deadline for the submission of applications is 18 June 2019 (Late applications will not be considered).
UNRWA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from both women and men. UNRWA encourages applications from qualified women. Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. UNRWA is a non-smoking environment.
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (10)
- National Consultant – Teacher Education Training Development and Implementation, Yangon, Myanmar ending on 25 Jun 2019, Tuesday
- INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANT – Teacher Education Training Development and Implementation, Yangon, Myanmar ending on 25 Jun 2019, Tuesday
- Administrative Assistant – CLT Project, Doha, Qatar ending on 25 Jun 2019, Tuesday
- Legal Consultant, Amman, Jordan ending on 25 Jun 2019, Tuesday
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER, Brindisi, Italy ending on 11 Jul 2019, Thursday
- UNCTAD INTERNSHIP, Geneva, Switzerland ending on 05 Jul 2019, Friday
- UNCTAD INTERNSHIP – Office of the Secretary-General, New York, USA (2 positions) ending on 25 Jun 2019, Tuesday
- Programme Management Assistant, Geneva, Switzerland ending on 26 Jun 2019, Wednesday
- Human Resources Assistant, Amman, Jordan ending on 20 Jun 2019, Thursday
- Finance and Budget Officer, Brindisi, Italy ending on 22 Jun 2019, Saturday