Fixed-term contract - 9 Months
Starting date : 03/07/2023
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the Basic Needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in UKRAINE
PUI intervenes in Ukraine since 2015, in response to the needs provoked by the conflict in Donbass. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health, protection and WASH projects to improve and restore equitable access to quality Health Services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. PUI also technically and materially assists a large network of Health Facilities and social institutions to improve the quality of care provided to the population.
In order to support the populations currently affecting by the conflict in the country, PUI is currently scaling up its activities in Donbass and in other regions of Ukraine.
What about the Consortium Humanitarian Affairs Manager ?
As Consortium humanitarian affairs managers, under the responsibility of the Consortium Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting consortium partners in defining key advocacy messages in regards to humanitarian topics relevant to the context. .You will be in charge of conducting research and providing in-depth Analysis on topics of concern and importance to consortium partners. You will engage externally with a variety of stakeholders, partners and other entities with the objective to align broader comprehensive and advocacy efforts in the country with the consortium’s perspective on the key identified themes and topics. Further, you will ensure external representation to humanitarian community to convey advocacy messages, such as co-chair the Advocacy Working Group in country if any.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
Development and roll-out of a Public Affairs Strategy and action plan : Together with consortium partners, you will be responsible for developing a public affairs strategy, including key messages for the consortium project.
External Coordination: You will enhance the consortium’s visibility and engagement in humanitarian affairs’ efforts in the broader humanitarian environment in Ukraine by taking initiatives on the topics of importance for the consortium, contributing to common positioning papers, analysis, recommendations and demands.
Co-chairing of Advocacy Working Group – according to the context possibility : With the support of the NGO Platform’s Advocacy and Policy Advisor as well as an additional co-chair, you will be responsible for co-chairing the Advocacy Working Group (pending confirmation of being selected as co-chair).
The challenges that await you :
Participate actively in building advocacy messages on the key humanitarian challenges in Ukraine. Represent the organization in external advocacy working groups. Create synergies between the key advocacy messages shared between the consortium partners.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master’s degree in a related field (international affairs, political sciences, international humanitarian law, human rights) and a minimum two-year experience in advocacy.
- Experience: You show good understanding of International Humanitarian Law and International Human Rights Law. You have excellent knowledge and experience of international institutions relating to humanitarian assistance and functioning. You have already had a previous experience in international humanitarian assistance? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master Microsoft Office Programs.
- Qualities: You demonstrate proven capacity in working in a team, networking, influencing and federating actors around a common objective. You feel comfortable in public speaking and have experience in this field. You show strong writing skills (analysis and synthesis, conciseness, writing with integrity, original contributions, formal style) and critical thinking. You know how to be diplomatic, find consensus, and be patient.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Ukrainian or/and Russian, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Come join a dynamic and very motivated team, to work on some of the most exciting advocacy challenges in Ukraine! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 190,00 - 2 420,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its Humanitarian Action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.