For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: Emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, Harm Reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM-France is operating in Syria as the leading chapter of a consortium which includes MdM-Turkey (Dünya Doktorları Derneği) and MdM-Spain. While the three chapters have been so far operating in Syria independently, since 2023 the recently formed consortium has embraced a Whole of Syria apporach.
The intervention focuses on supporting (throuhg local partners and health authorities) or directly running Primary healthcare centers. It includes a transversal approach on GBV and MHPSS.
More recently, the consortium has been responding to the Emergency needs following the Feb 06th earthquake in Syria and Turkiye.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be in charge of managing and planning the implementation of the governance of MdM consortium Syria, by ensuring links communication and information sharing between the different MdM chapters of the consortium (MdM France, MdM Spain, MdM Turkey), with the institutional donors of the project and other stakeholders
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Management of the Consortium
- Lead and ensure the smooth work of the consortium
- Ensure the support provided by MdM France to other MdM chapters and partners for all projects led by MdM France
- Act as focal point of MdM consortium chapters
- Ensure the Coordination between all departments (medical, Logistics, and finance departments) among the MdM consortium members
- Lead and draft the required contracts, MOUs and required annexes to be signed between MdM consortium chapters
- Contribute to the definition and guaranteeing the implementation of the funding’s strategy for Syria
- Assure the qualitative and timely production of proposals, amendments and reports for the projects carried by MdM France and implemented by MdM Turkey (in Northwest Syria), MdM Spain (in Northeast Syria) and MdM France partners (inside Syria)
- Participate in the capitalisation of this experience and use lessons learnt to make proposals for strengthening the operational cooperation within the MdM network
- Ensure the efficiency, effectiveness, transparency and participatory nature of the means of coordination implemented between MdM chapters
- Keep an updated overview of the existing/open grants – together with the program support officer for Syria at MdM HQ
- Lead the contractual reporting, collecting / consolidating narrative reports from all consortium members, preparing the documentation for any projects modifications - including budget revisions, amendments or extensions
- Lead the identification of risks and obstacles and the definition of corrective actions
- Lead the monitoring of the activities, implement and organize regular lessons learnt workshops to improve the approach and the mechanisms in place
- Lead the process of writing new proposals for Syria
Project Management and leadership
- Lead the development and the update of a coordinated action plan and monitoring at both mission and HQ levels
- Keep an overview on the efficient use of the Financial Resources linked to the consortium
- Lead and anticipating the development of contingency plans to allow the continuation of the consortium Humanitarian Response in case of context changes.
- Ensure the efficiency, effectiveness, transparency, and participatory nature of the means of coordination implemented between the partners
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Lead the elaboration, compilation, implementation, and review of effective MEAL plans for the consortium members
- Ensure the relevance and the quality of reports, Analysis, maps and recommendations produced
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3119 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Qualification: bachelor’s degree or equivalent in project and grant management
Experience in project and/or finance management of min 3 years
Experience on budget and financial reports review
Experience in compiling and drafting donors’ proposasl and reports
Experience as a consortium Coordinator could be a strong asset
Humanitarian experience is compulsory, in an emergency setting preferably.
Experience in coordination position(s) is necessary.
Previous experience with MdM is a strong asset
Capacity to work independently and with minor guidance
Leadership and capacity to gather different bodies together
Ability to set objectives, conduct resource provision planning, and draw a risk assessment
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Pack
Languages: fluency in English (written and oral), arabic knowledge is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.