Humanity for Sustainable Development (H4SD) is registered not-for-profit community-based organization that provides high-quality educational support to undeserved communities in rural Kenya. H4SD is registered with the Department of Social Services.
We are searching for an enthusiastic computer teacher to promote computer literacy among our students. In this position, you will be required to craft and present lessons, develop teaching material, and attend parent-teacher conferences. Computer teachers should also ensure that equipment remains in excellent working condition.
To ensure success as a computer teacher, you should demonstrate flexibility and support as you help students to develop confidence in their computer skills. An outstanding computer teacher will be cognizant of the socioeconomic factors that limit access to technology, and will make a concerted effort to acclimatize students with no prior exposure to computers.
Humanity for Sustainable Development (H4SD) is establishing a community Resource Hub that will offer computer trainings and house the physical and e-learning Platform in Likuyani,Kakamega County.This hub will enable children in impoverished communities gain access to educational resources and information, from elementary school to higher education.
H4SD will also provide space for access to elearning resources to students and offer acomputer skills training program for all high school graduates. Each program is divided into four quarters, during which students learn about Computer Programs, how to use the internet, and typing skills, among other things. This course will help them enter post-secondary school on an equal footing with their peers and will provide them with new business and employment ideas.
Computer Teacher Responsibilities:
- Planning lessons and activities that facilitate students' acquisition of basic and advanced computer skills.
- Instructing in a manner that develops students' confidence in their abilities.
- Observing and managing classroom dynamics.
- Invigilating and grading projects, quizzes, and examinations.
- Tracking and communicating students' advancement throughout the course.
- Ensuring that the computer laboratory remains free from food and drink at all times.
- Downloading important software updates and maintaining hardware.
- Attending parent-teacher and faculty conferences.
Computer Teacher Requirements:
- Teaching certification for the level at which you will be instructing.
- Prior experience as a computer teacher.
- Own, reliable transport is preferable.
- First aid training is advantageous.
- Excellent presentation abilities.
- Strong written and administrative skills.
- Nurturing, adaptable approach to instructing.
- Passionate about fostering computer literacy and academic excellence.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send one PDF of their cover letter, CV, contact information for 3 references and availability to email@example.com . Only complete applications will be reviewed, and short-listed candidates contacted.
No Fee Charged
H4SD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training).
Volunteers outside Kenya
Volunteers are responsible for their own logistical costs related to the above Volunteer opportunity. H4SD will provide a host family, a letter of support, and local logistical support.