Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters Duty Stations.Apply Now
Description of task
Description of task
- Undertakes day-to-day clinical duties, e.g. walk-in clinic, emergencies& stabilization of critical patients. Overall supervision, management, Coordination Clinical Operations of the Fever Clinic, Isolation ward during the outbreak/pandemic.
- Follow up and tracking of the positive cases and direct contacts.
- Undertake day-to-day occupational health duties: pre-placement and periodic medical examinations prepare UN staff for travelling providing immunizations, malaria prophylaxis, travel kits, unless otherwise advice by the UN Health Manager.
- Refers staff to outside specialists as necessary.
- Follows-up with outside specialists
- Provides health education and health promotion programs, with special emphasis to the prophylaxis of the relevant diseases of the outbreak.
- Organizes/Participates in addressing work environment and occupational health issues.
- Advises Administration on medical standards for recruitment, sick leave, and medical evacuations/repatriations as per United Nations policies and guidelines.
- Participates in drafting and implementation of Business Continuity and crises preparedness plans for the duty station/mission.
- Manages/Supports day-to-day operations.
- Deputizes for the UN Health Manager during his/her absence, when applicable.
- Supervisory Administration of the Fever Clinic:
- Supervises laboratory technicians’ nurses and medical administrative staff; ensures availability of drugs and medical supplies and proper functioning of medical equipment.
- Ensures appropriate Training Programs are implemented in order to maintain and develop the medical capabilities (e.g. health education, dedicated training related to the pertaining outbreak) health education, health promotion and prevention, first aid and CPR).
- Organised the shift roster to ensure coverage of the fever clinic 24/7
- Performs other related duties as required.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Professionalism: Knowledge of clinical and tropical/travel medicine. ACLS or equivalent experience in emergency medical care/intensive care unit. Proven experience of a minimum of one year at an Intensive Care Unit/Emergency Department in the past 5 years. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- : Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning: Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession; actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally; contributes to the learning of colleagues and subordinates; shows willingness to learn from others; seeks feedback to learn and improve.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.