Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria, and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations, and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID Mali Rule of Law Activity will assist the Government of Mali to strengthen the accountability and responsiveness of justice sector institutions and enhance their ability to serve and communicate effectively with the public. Working with both the formal and informal justice sectors, this five-year program will also improve Access to Justice and enhance the Government of Mali’s capacity to implement justice-related reforms and policies.
MSI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to serve as the senior-most in-country project representative and lead the technical and operational aspects of the activity. They will provide expertise to ensure effective implementation of all project activities. This will be a full-time position based in Bamako, Mali. Please note this position is contingent upon funding and USAID approval. Malian citizens are encouraged to apply.
- Provide overall strategic vision, management, and technical direction of program activities to ensure it achieves its objectives and results with high-quality expertise and deliverables.
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID/Mali and U.S. Embassy representatives.
- Lead Coordination and communication with Malian stakeholders, and form a network amongst justice sector institutions, universities, journalists, civil society, other donors, and implementing partners.
- Oversee work planning, performance management, Data Collection, quality assurance, and quality control methods, budgetary control, and responsiveness of technical assistance to ensure compliance with USAID regulations.
- Supervise field technical and administrative staff, as well as partner organizations.
- Advanced degree in law, governance, public Administration, public policy, international development, or other relevant fields.
- Ten (10) years of professional experience implementing rule of law or judicial reform programs with at least five (5) years of Chief of Party experience (or comparable roles) for rule of law, anti-corruption, democracy, Human Rights, and/or governance programs; experience working in Mali preferred.
- Demonstrated capability to develop solid working relationships with a broad range of high-level counterparts, including government institutions, justice sector stakeholders, the private sector, and civil society partners.
- Experience and technical knowledge in one or more of the anticipated programmatic areas:
- rule of law
- judicial reform
- access to justice
- Competency with data collection, Analysis, and learning, specifically pertaining to justice needs and institutional performance.
- Prior experience supervising large teams on donor-funded projects of similar size and scope, preferably funded by USAID.
- Strong interpersonal, supervision, and written/oral communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken French is required; fluency in written and spoken English is required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to Covid-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities, and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.