Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Chief of Party (COP) position on an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Scaling Up Investment in Weather and Climate Information Services Activity in Senegal.
The purpose of the Activity is to enhance resilience, productivity, and nutritional outcomes in fishing and Agriculture-systems" id="link" class="link">Agriculture Systems (i.e., farming, Livestock, pastoralism) through expanding the use of WCIS and early warning systems for flood control and drought forecast in the face of increased climate uncertainty and weather hazards.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for providing technical leadership and administrative oversight to the Activity, managing interventions and staff to ensure that the project proceeds effectively and meets its targets. The COP will have overall responsibility for the contract ensuring quality control, the appropriateness and overall responsiveness of all activities performed under the contract. This position will be based in Senegal.
* Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Senegal regarding day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the award.
* Provide strategic leadership, vision, and direction for the activity; strategic planning, including timely preparation of the reports and work plans.
* Mentor activity staff, subcontractors, and consultants to achieve expected results.
* Ensure high quality standards of technical assistance and support to Senegal WCIS stakeholders and partners.
* Manage program communications with USAID, key stakeholders, and the public.
* Ensure compliance with USAID, USG and Government of Senegal laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
* Other tasks as required to achieve the program Objectives and Key Results.
* A master’s degree or equivalent is preferred, in a relevant field such as economics, international development, agriculture, climate science, public Administration, environmental studies or relevant field.
* At least 8 years of progressively responsible experience in the implementation of climate adaptation, resilience, or climate services programming in comparable contexts.
* At least 5 years of senior management experience on donor-funded programs and a strong track record of building and maintaining strong, multi-disciplinary teams.
* Prior experience supporting initiatives in early warning, climate smart agriculture, nutrition, climate services or related sector preferred. Regional or Senegal-specific experience highly desired.
* Demonstrated success engaging the private sector and market actors in supporting demand-driven services and climate smart technologies a plus.
* Demonstrated technical knowledge of agriculture, water Resource Management, resilience, and adaptation preferred.
* Direct experience with USAID Program Management and implementation highly desired.
* At least 5 years of experience effectively working and building strong relationships with a range of counterparts and stakeholders, such as government officials, civil society, private sector actors and academia is required.
* Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team of technical experts and partners.
* Strong communication skills, including interpersonal and written skills.
* Professional Fluency in French and English required.
* Qualified applicants from Senegal highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/COP_WCIS
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to Covid-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation with your application process, contact our Global Talent Operations team.