Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party for the USAID-funded Sri Lanka Energy Activity. The Activity seeks to support Sri Lanka’s Energy Sector’s transformation to a clean, secure, and market-driven sector by mobilizing investment in the deployment of advanced energy systems, enhancing power system flexibility, and increasing competitiveness that supports U.S. strategic interests in growing private sector engagement in the Indo-Pacific Region to create investment opportunities for U.S. companies. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.Apply Now
- Provide leadership, management, and technical direction to personnel, consultants, subcontractors, and project activities, critically facilitating implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation, reporting, and partner Coordination
- Oversee activity Strategic Planning, Performance Management and communications including timely preparation of the annual implementation plan
- Develop and maintain productive partnerships with USAID, key stakeholders, civil society, the private sector, the general public, and other donors
- Manage overall and direct implementation of activities, and ensures all project technical assistance is high quality, technically sound and appropriate
- Supervise senior management team, staff, consultants, and partner organizations to achieve expected results
- Ensure compliance with USAID, USG and host laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Advanced degree in economics, energy/Environmental Policy, engineering, or a related field
- Minimum 12 years of progressively responsible work experience in leading and managing energy sector reform and/or diversified energy source programs, preferably in developing countries in South/Southeast Asia
- Demonstrated experience in energy sector development and significant experience in implementing programs in developing countries
- Demonstrated supervisory work experience including assembling along with supervision of technical teams of energy professionals to effectively respond to complex assignments.
- Practical experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies (USG and host), regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, consumers, bilateral and multilateral entities etc.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- An excellent record working with other donors on energy sector reform programs.
- Fluent English
- Fluent Sinhalese preferred