The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the Cash and livelihoods Projects. The officer will be responsible for planning and implementation of the cash programming activities in the field. Under the supervision of the project manager, they will ensure the outreach, assessment, venue arrangements, distribution, monitoring and trouble-shooting is implemented in an efficient and smooth manner
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development Plan,
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines,
- Implement delegated cash and livelihoods project portfolio according to plan of action,
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management,
- Ensure proper filing of documents,
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement,
- Actively promote PSEA (Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist,
- Conduct vulnerability assessments for the targeted beneficiaries,
- Lead on beneficiary selection according to the agreed criteria,
- Set up cash distribution plans, including the preparation of the distribution site, the cash entitlements, and any necessary documents,
- Ensure all cash distribution activities are well documented by collecting and archiving proof of receipt and proof of beneficiaries’ identities,
- Carry out and supervise distribution activities for cash to vulnerable families,
- Responsible for the quality of the program: quality of Data Collection and distribution are according to standard operating procedures with correct accountability measures in place,
- Provide inputs during the development and update of the spending plans and procurement plan,
- Raise procurement requisition as per procurement and spending plans for the project activities,
- Work closely with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning MEAL staff, conduct monitoring of all activities post-distribution, and collate information to share with other staff,
- Perform any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Other Core Competencies namely, ICLA (Information counselling and legal assistance), Education, Protection, livelihoods, and SIP (safe and inclusive programming) Coordinator,
- Area Office Core Competency teams (assistants, officers, coordinators),
- Support staff including Security, Logistics, Access, Finance and HR,
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) department.
Scale and scope of positionStaff:None Stakeholders:Program teams, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, local authorities and governmental bodiesBudgets:NoneInformation:GORS, Agresso, IntranetLegal or compliance:Compliance and adherence to Terms of employment, Code of Conduct, NRC SOPs, donor regulations, Labour Law and local legislation requirements
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context,
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts,
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities,
Fluency in spoken and written and Arabic. Some knowledge of written and spoken English.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience work in cash-based interventions minimum two years.
2. Behavioural competenciesHandling insecure environments,Planning and delivering results,Working with people,Analysing,Communicating with impact and respect,Coping with change.
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
The Job Description The goal and performance Plan The NRC Competency Framework
Contract Duration: until 31st December 2023 - renewable based on funding and performance
Duty Station: Kirkuk- Iraq
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G5/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• NRC is committed to our localisation strategy including with respect to our workforce in Iraq, whenever possible NRC will recruit new staff from the local area of the programme operations.
• NRC will endeavour to hire staff that together represent the balance of diversity in the governorate of operations.