The Camp Management Project Manager, under the supervision of the Area Manager and with Technical Support from the Protection Specialist, supports NRCs Camp Management teams, including Information Management team, in West Darfur who are implementing Site Management and Coordination of humanitarian activities for the Internally Displaced People in around 100 gathering sites across Geneina city, in Kereneik and Jebel Moon.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, procedures and SOPs/guidelines;
- Support the development of the Core Competency and Area level strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro logframes;
- Responsible for quality project development and management, including funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports;
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects across operational areas, following up on day to day activities;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist;
- Manage CM CC project implementation and CM components of integrated projects (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements in West Darfur;
- Contribute towards actively implementing and supporting ‘integrated’ (multi-sector) programmes, cross-sectorial exchange of lessons learned, and adherence to relevant quality standards;
- Management of assigned project and coordination staff;
Ensure Capacity Building of project staff and transfer key skills;
These responsibilities have been adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus, and type of programme intervention.
- Programme Development:
- Gather and analyze camp and informal sites management-related data from target or proposed target populations, as part of integrated or joint assessments, and use this in response Analysis to develop contextually appropriate, technically sound new projects and programmes and inform advocacy efforts;
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are included in the planning and implementation of projects as appropriate;
- Support the CM/Protection from Violence portfolio through the development of sound and evidence-based project proposals and budgets for new projects/extensions of projects in conjunction with the relevant team, both programme and support staff;
Support the consolidation as well as the enhancement of digital technology-based interventions within the CM core competency responses, where appropriate, to maximise on integrated programming and promote durable solutions.
These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- At least three years in humanitarian Camp/ Site Management programming environment, including three years’ experience in a senior level project management position;
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge in protection mainstreaming, Community Outreach/engagement, community capacity building, and/or community-development oriented programming;
- Knowledge and skills in information management and digital mode of assistance;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, including strong skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Sudan;
- Arabic language is an advantage;
- Experience in needs assessment and project monitoring and evaluation;
- Strong leadership skills and a supportive management style;
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high and diverse workload;
Proven ability to work effectively across cultures, in sensitive environments and with stakeholders at all levels.
For more information see the detailed Job Description