Date: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate FundGrade: IS - 4 Deadline: 21 February 2021 (11:59 PM KST) Location: Songdo, Incheon, South Korea Contract Length: 3 years Entry Salary: USD 114,600 The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to Climate Change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 111 projects in 99 countries and has committed USD 5.0 billion in Climate Finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The Business Intelligence & Digital Analytics Specialist is responsible for the establishment and evolution of digital analytics portfolio, developing and implementing interdivisional and cross-organisational initiatives with stakeholders, and expanding and optimizing business intelligence (BI) and Data Analytics (DA) technologies, resources and processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of a vision for GCF excelling as a data-driven actor in the climate realm; research and identify upcoming practices and opportunities with transformative potential in universities and with industry players; seek alliances with the aim of exploring, designing, and developing innovative approaches for cutting-edge digital, analytical and visual solutions.
- Facilitate the transition of the organization towards an ability to seamlessly tap into the full wealth of its data stock, with Artificial Intelligence aiding with predictions and risk management; define and negotiate best practices for data and digital analytics throughout GCF; shape a compelling roadmap for the organizational transition journey; apply key principles of Change Management for ensuring success.
- Comprehensively educate the Fund’s information workers, optimizing processes and creating solutions for an increasingly capable learning organization.
- Advocate and teach technical and operational approaches for all projects and programs to drive improved quality, collaboration, and RoI for data Design, visual communication, and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure that fitting high quality external work sourcing arrangements are established and refined over time to provide GCF with the required agility for acting on BI and DA needs and opportunites whenever arising.
- Develop and showcase effective monitoring and performance management tools for rapid decision-making; establish methods and apply resources to keep DA portfolio tools and solutions current, relevant, impactful and innovative.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, information systems, mathematics, or other relevant analytical or logical fields; or a relevant bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years professional experience.
- At least 9 years of experience building and owning data and application platforms, with at least five years of experience working directly with senior business leaders building models and generating valuable insights for the business problems. Experience in Data Scientist roles is desirable.
- At least 5 years of prior personnel and/or vendor management experience.
- Advanced experience with Data Handling via enterprise data factories, data warehouses.
- Experience in practicing organizational data governance with respective committees or alike.
- Proven success in collaborating with diverse, internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Production experience developing and integrating geospatial data and GIS systems is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and visual - and mastery of the English language.
- Knowledge of quantitative, qualitative, and text Analysis methods.
- Knowledge of data cloud platforms, system integration, Agile methods, UI/UX design & visual design theory.
- Work experience with international organizations as staff, consultant, or contractor is a distinct advantage.