Fixed-term contract - 9 Months
Starting date : 10/07/2023
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the Basic Needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Learn more on our history, our values, our areas of intervention.
Focus on our activities in UKRAINE
PUI intervenes in Ukraine since 2015, in response to the needs provoked by the conflict in Donbass. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, mental health, protection and WASH projects to improve and restore equitable access to quality Health Services as well as to water, sanitation and hygiene for the most vulnerable population living in cities located along the contact line in the Donetsk Oblast. PUI also technically and materially assists a large network of Health Facilities and social institutions to improve the quality of care provided to the population.
In order to support the populations currently affected by the conflict in the country, PUI is scaling up its activities in Donbass and in other regions of Ukraine.
What about the Audit manager ?
As Audit Manager, under the responsibility of the Head of Mission, you will be responsible for providing insurance to the organization on the degree of control of its operations. You will be in charge of initiating, coordinating and following up on risk reducing measures linked to the non-compliance with PUI’s internal procedures, donor guidelines and the local legislation. As such, you will be responsible for creating an environment of Continuous Learning and improvement by providing recommendations based on assessments and evaluations of PUI’s documentation and internal processes. Thus, you will work closely with the coordinators of the different departments, both for the identification of shortcomings and for the corrective measures to be put in place. You will be in charge for monitoring the quality and timely implementation of those recommendations. You will also be responsible for coordinating the preparation and follow-up of external audits in agreement with the supporting departments.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
Internal audit: You will carry out regular, random or targeted checks to ensure compliance with the PUI procedures. You will organize and coordinate the implementation of measures if necessary to ensure that the organization’s goals and objectives are met.
External audit: You will coordinate the preparation and conduct of external audits in Coordination with the departments concerned of the mission and at HQ.
Recommendation follow-up : You will ensure the implementation of internal and external recommendations.
Risk-management: You will participate in the Analysis of situations impacting the Association as a whole, participate and follow-up in risk monitoring and suggest mitigation measures at mission level.
Training: You will participate in the consolidation of audit information and dissemination to the Head of Mission and HQ. You will provide training to national and expatriate staff, as required, in line with lessons learned from audits and PUI audit procedures.
Team management and Capacity Building: You will participate in recruiting audit personnel, defining the strategy of the department and train the newly audit recruited staff.
Archiving: You will participate in the monitoring of archiving procedures in coordination with the departments..
The challenges that await you :
Coordinate the audit processes and manage the information gathering between the different departments concerned. Anticipate on the external audit by organizing internal spot checks. Work closely with the supports departments to make sure PUI processes are respected.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master’s degree in audit management, or finance/accounting.
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience on a similar position. An previous experience with INGO would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You have excellent analytical skills and knowledge of audit process. Your master Office Programs and donors’s procedures. Knowledge of PUI procedures and SAGA software would be appreciated.
- Qualities: You demonstrate an ability to work independently, take initiatives and responsibilities in a proactive approach. You are self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization. You show strong commitment in humanitarian principles, resilience to stress as well as diplomacy and open-mindedness. You demonstrate good organization skills, ability to manage priorities, and to guarantee effective and timely output.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Ukrainian and/or Russian, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Come join a great, dynamic and motivated team, working on impactful programmes ! »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 190,00 - 2 420,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its Humanitarian Action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.