Fixed Term | 12 months | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED has been present in Myanmar since 2008, with bases in Loikaw (Kayah State), Sittwe (Rakhine State), and Yangon. Through both emergency and longer-term resilience building programming in Myanmar, ACTED seeks to work towards its global strategy of achieving a Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty world.
Since 2012, ACTED’s work in Myanmar has focussed on supporting sustainable livelihoods and Economic Development, in both urban and rural areas of Kayah and Rakhine States, through skills training; climate-smart Agriculture; Business Development support; and linkages with private sector actors. In Rakhine State, this support for economic self-reliance has often been implemented alongside the provision of humanitarian assistance to conflict-affected communities, and social cohesion initiatives. Today, in light of the rapidly deteriorating humanitarian and security conditions in Myanmar since the events of February 2021, ACTED is significantly scaling up its emergency response programming. This entails providing life-saving food security, nutrition, and protection assistance to crisis-affected communities, particularly in Kayah State. In 2022 for the first time, ACTED is also delivering emergency humanitarian assistance in Yangon. However, in line with ACTED’s belief that – even in a crisis setting – every individual should be supported to achieve their creative and economic potential, all the emergency assistance we deliver in Myanmar is implemented with a view towards restoring self-reliance to affected communities, and supporting them towards long-term recovery, right from the start of a crisis.
You will be in charge of
The Coordinator" id="link" class="link">Area Coordinator is responsible for representing ACTED`s interests with local authorities, donors, beneficiary communities and other key stakeholders. The Area Coordinator is member of the senior management team and works to ensure program quality and operational implementation, as well as growth where appropriate and feasible, and strong representation. The Area Coordinator directly supervises Project Managers ensuring that projects and programs address beneficiary needs and are implemented according to ACTED’s global strategy, donor guidelines, approved work plans and budgets The Area Coordinator also oversees day-to-day operations and security in the respective area.
- Context Analysis
- Strategy Implementation
- Networking, positioning and general representation:
- Proposal development
- Promotion of ACTED network
Management and Internal Coordination
- Staff Management
- Internal Coordination
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Project Implementation Tracking
- Project Quality Control
- Partner Management
- Finance Management
- Logistics & IT Management
- Administration and HR Management
- Transparency/Compliance Management
- Security Management
Expected skills and qualifications
- University education in a relevant field such as international development, emergency operations, humanitarian programming, technical degree in Camp Management, or the like;
- Extensive project management experience in emergency and/or development programmes;
- Base management skills preferred (HR, Finance, Logistcis);
- At least four years relevant work experience, preferably including security management;
- Proven capabilities in leadership and team management required;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms
- Salary between 2700 and 3100€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of ACTED benchmark or accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference: AC/MYA
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.