UNDP’s Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (PAPP) was established through a resolution adopted by the UN General Assembly on 20 December 1978, calling upon UNDP “to improve the economic and social conditions of the Palestinian people”. In partnership with Palestinian institutions, civil society, communities and donors, UNDP’s goal is to empower the Palestinian People to establish a viable State that is able to realize the right to development for its people and support their socio-economic resilience. Since its establishment, UNDP/PAPP has delivered over USD 1.5 billion in development assistance to the Palestinian People. UNDP/PAPP places empowerment, resilience and sustainability at the center of its operation and focuses on three priority areas: the Gaza Strip, East Jerusalem and Area C of the West Bank, where the needs are the greatest. UNDP/PAPP is active in four thematic areas: democratic governance and the rule of law; economic empowerment and private sector development; environment and management of natural resources; and public and social infrastructure. The objective of this assignment, supported by the Arab Youth Center located in the United Arab Emirates, is to support UNDP with a young person to support the implementation of the Youth Leadership Programme (YLP) and youth programming at the country as well as the regional and global level. To this end, UNDP/PAPP is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Youth & Communications Project Associate who will work under the supervision and guidance of the UNDP Youth Focal Point (Programme Analyst) with matrix secondary supervision by the Communication Specialist at the country level. In addition, she/he will be an integral part of the UNDP Country office and Regional Programme team and will play an important role supporting UNDP’s Country Offices and partners, with a strong focus on Coordination, advocacy, planning, communication, and evaluation. As this position is related to the Youth Development Delegates regional project that is being implemented in the occupied Palestinian territory with an expected duration of 12 months, the Service Contract extension will be conditioned to satisfactory performance evaluation as well as availability of funding under the project. Duties and Responsibilities Under the direct supervision of the Youth Focal Point (Program Analyst), in matrix supervision with of the UNDP/PAPP Communications Specialist, and in close coordination with the Regional Programme Coordinator, the Youth and Communications Project Associate who will be working 3 days a week in Ramallah and two days in Jerusalem will be responsible for the following tasks:Apply Now
- Directly supports the YLP, where relevant and/or youth programming by following up on implementation, coordinating with partners and UNDP Country Offices, accessing regional networks, creating linkages and providing Technical Support.
- Contributes to strategic planning, developing innovative responses to emerging challenges and opportunities for youth in the State of Palestine around SDGs.
- Supports the timely preparation and quality control of all substantive technical reports and required documents, including progress reports, concept notes, background documents and briefing notes in support of youth programmatic requirements.
- Works closely with local and the regional team members in the development of project activities to promote youth’s social, political and economic empowerment in the State of Palestine and the Arab region as a whole.
- Facilitates the delivery of YLP activities by monitoring results achieved during implementation. S/he ensures and guides the appropriate application of monitoring, reporting and evaluation systems and procedures and develops enhancements if necessary.
- Captures knowledge which reflect on know how (procedures, processes, tactics) and know why (lessons learned, reasons for failures/success).
- Implements and monitors communication and visibility activities related to youth, in cooperation with relevant programme stakeholders. This includes the drafting of articles, success stories, and factsheets outlining main project results; developing social media campaigns and online presence to promote the different projects and enhance Community Mobilization and outreach; and gathering statistical data and research for internal and external use, particularly infographics.
- Coordinates the youth’s leadership programme’s mentorship support, where relevant.
- Conducts an overview and Analysis of the relevant partners, donors and stakeholders to the project, and develops a plan for efficient flow of information between them and the project, and vice versa.
- Expected to submit report at the end of the year to supervisor and the Regional Coordinator.
- Carries out other tasks as assigned by Youth Focal Point and Regional Coordinator in coordination with respective supervisors, and any other required administrative work.
- Experience in managing/coordinating youth activities is required.
- Familiar with design thinking and innovation methodologies is an asset
- Familiarity with entrepreneurship is an asset.
- UNDP YLP experience is an asset.
- Communications experience is an asset.