Young Graduate Traineeship Opportunity in the Director General's Services. ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged. Post Young Graduate Trainee for Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Project Development This post is classified F1. Location ESRIN, Frascati, Italy Our team and mission The ESA Communication Department, as part of the Director General’s Services, is responsible for all internal and external corporate communication. This in support of the Director General’s mandate to “reinforce ESA’s corporate identity, visibility and communication so as to reach out to the largest possible audience.” ESA Communication promotes ESA to the largest possible audience as the European Space Agency, serving a “United Space in Europe” and meeting the needs of Space 4.0, with actions and activities that innovate, inform, inspire and interact. Candidates interested are encouraged to visit the ESA website: http://www.esa.int Field(s) of activity Digital communication channels and methods are evolving quickly. While augmented reality (AR) and virtually reality (VR) technologies have been around for decades, they have only recently found their way into the commercial world and are setting new standards for communication. In an effort to stay at the forefront of the digital culture and technologies, ESA is recruiting a YGT to help bring space topics to the general public’s notice in innovative ways. Working within the Digital & Web Media Production Unit of the Department, you will develop a project that exploits AR or VR technologies to communicate ESA’s activities. As a YGT you will:Apply Now
- once familiarised with ESA’s activities, core values and existing communication channels, identify a topic and scheme to promote Agency activities using AR and/or VR tools.
- research and select the suitable hardware and software platform/company to run this activity and, where appropriate, research and select partners and opportunities (museums, events) to disseminate the activity.
- define the AR and/or VR concept layout and propose, in collaboration with ESA’s corporate Design & Graphics Unit, a visual and narrative storyboard that respects ESA’s Corporate Visual Identity.
- liaise suitably with the various ESA Directorates and the News & Content Office to ensure that the narrative storyboard correctly portrays the selected topic(s).
- arrange a promotion campaign for this new product (via social media or a targeted campaign for localised audience as appropriate).