EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY Young Graduate Traineeship Opportunity in the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality. ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged. Post Young Graduate Trainee for Attitude and Orbit Control Systems Engineering This post is classified F1. Location ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands Our team and mission As a YGT you will be a member of the AOCS and Pointing Systems Section of ESA’s GNC, AOCS & Pointing Division. With about 30 team members, the Division is happy to welcome YGTs to contribute to the following Section duties: - PROJECT SUPPORT in the field of AOCS (attitude & orbit control systems) and pointing engineering:Apply Now
- AOCS Design, system Analysis and modelling for future and current missions of ESA Directorates for Earth Observation, Science (astronomy observatories), Telecommunications, Navigation;
- Contributing to the definition of technology development requirements for space missions and ESA technology programmes covering long and short-term needs;
- Mission enabling R&D activities for AOCS and pointing systems (generic architecture, modes and competitive building blocks including Failure Detection Isolation & Recovery (FDIR), high accuracy pointing);
- Fostering utilisation for AOCS of advanced control, estimation and optimisation techniques;
- Technology development of AOCS sensors and actuators (star trackers, sun and Earth sensors, gyroscopes, accelerometers, inertial measurement units, magnetometers, magnetic torquers);
- Upgrading the AOCS and pointing systems test facilities of the control lab;
- Evaluating and testing AOCS, pointing systems, associated sensors.