FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Workforce and Private Sector Engagement Component Lead for an anticipated USAID-funded skills development activity. The purpose of the five-year anticipated program is to provide support to Georgia to develop industry relevant human capacity that will contribute to high-value employment opportunities and increased economic competitiveness in Georgia. The mismatch between the skills of Georgia’s current workforce and the actual needs of the economy -- the skills mismatch -- is a significant driver of unemployment, underemployment, and disengagement of young adults from economic activity in Georgia and is symptomatic of limited private sector engagement in skills development. As such, the anticipated project will 1) Strengthen private sector engagement in skills development; 2) Establish long- and short-term high-quality Training Programs; and 3) Replicate proven training programs in areas outside of Tbilisi/rural areas.
Workforce and Private Sector Engagement Component Lead will provide Technical Assistance (TA) and strategic direction to the overall project. The Component Lead will support industry-driven improvements in training and educational opportunities for the workforce supporting targeted sectors, including professional, management, and vocational skills development. The component’s work will focus on increasing the level of private sector engagement in workforce development and build communication and partnerships between public sector, industry and education service providers to support workforce development, including on-the job learning opportunities. The component will also address identified gaps in training and educational programs for the workforce in targeted sectors. The position will also provide TA and strategic direction to ensuring inclusion of ethnic minorities and rural and marginalized population in the workforce development activities.
- Provide professional leadership, direction and support to ensure achievement of programmatic objectives and delivery of high quality work for Workforce Development and Private Sector engagement activities;
- Design and manage activities that help the Georgian workforce adapt skills to the demands of growing industries and develop a workforce prepared for the targeted sectors that will drive the country’s future;
- Lead establishment of partnerships between private sector actors, education service providers, and appropriate government agencies to develop and deliver education and training appropriate to employers’ needs;
- Work with entrepreneurs, start-ups and MSMEs to facilitate partnership establishment and supplier development programs;
- Leverage captured data to ensure innovations in adaptation and learning of Program Design
- Lead development of quarterly and annual reporting inputs.
- Supervise and mentor staff;
- Support the Chief of Party in budget planning and program monitoring;
- Work closely with HQ in Washington DC;
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business, International Development, or a closely related field is required;
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience, and prior experience with the private sector is preferred;
- Strong knowledge of Georgia’s socio-economic context;
- Prior experience providing Organizational Development, management of development programs, and complex projects and/or financial Management Systems;
- Prior experience in a supervisory role preferred;
- Prior experience of providing technical guidance on inclusive workforce development and economic empowerment programming;
- Experience supporting Social Inclusion, Social Cohesion and working with marginalized and conflict-affected communities;
- Fluent in Georgian and English and technical proficiency in Russian (preferred but not required);
- Must possess appropriate interpersonal skills to satisfy the requirements of the position.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.