Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- Support the WASH Officer in Project Management, including but not limited to, WASH in schools/health centres, Early Childhood Development ECD, wastewater treatment plants, Renewable Energy installations, and any other WASH related projects
- Facilitates and participates in the preparation of necessary technical specifications, proposals, tender documents and contract documents during the different stages of the project life cycle and in Coordination with key stakeholders
- Support the WASH program in the bidding process as required by the WASH section in Gaza;
- Monitor running project works with different partners and ensure that they are being implemented as per technical specifications and engineering drawings;
- Review and analyse the contractor’s and partners work schedules and updates, and report any issue to the WASH Officer;
- Closely monitor the work progress to ensure compliance with the project duration and cost;
- Develop strong cordial relationships with all stakeholders, project consultants and contractors, service provides and other partners, and conduct regular dialogues to exchange project information and status reports;
- Attend and participate in site/project progress meetings and visits and prepare routine reports
- Support the verification and certification of the contractors claims submission and review their request for payment;
- Review, check and assess the bills of materials submitted by the consultant/contractor for GRM/donation approval and oversee the monitoring mechanism for the utilization of the materials.
- Measure, record and review payment requests for the executed works submitted by the contractors;
- Prepare weekly briefings, Minutes of Meetings, and monthly reports on the assigned tasks for the attention of the WASH Officer in Gaza and the Section Chief in Jerusalem;
- Ensure required records are kept and organized for all construction activities, enabling real-time tracking of construction progress;
- Conduct field assessments and monitoring visits to assure the standard quality of materials to be provided and/or provided and where required report the results in the system (specifications and installation);
- Take part in and support any request made in view of the work of the WASH section, in particular in times of emergencies, as requested by the supervisor
Civil / Environmental / Hydraulic Engineering36 Months
3 years of relevant experience at infrastructure projects; focusing on Water Supply, purification technologies, wastewater & storm water systems and sanitation services.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Demonstrated interest and/or experience in managing/supervising construction sites for infrastructure works; along with ability to develop associated basic designs and calculations.No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Self-Management, Working in Teams