Desired start date: September 2020 Duration of the mission: 6 to 9 months Location: Iraqi Kurdistan (Erbil/Dohuk) with regular field missions in NES (Amuda and Derek).Apply Now
ABOUT THE MISSIONSI has been working in Syria since 2012 and currently has strong coverage for WASH, FSL and NFI programs across North West (NWS) and North East Syria (NES). The NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict. NWS programs are remotely managed and provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations. Since 2016, SI has been partnering with a local health partner to develop and strengthen a WASH-and-Health integrated approach, and is currently developing the streamlining of Protection within its existing programs. The mission has expanded through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI, which started in October 2018. The LEARN consortium funded by OFDA ( Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria ) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria. As a result, the operational volume has been growing extensively, so as the overall structure. The SI Syria mission counts about 340 national staff, more than 60 expatriates, and has a 20 million USD budget forecasted for 2019.
ABOUT THE JOBThe WASH Sector Working Group Information Manager is in charge of setting up operational Information Systems (specifications, tools Design, data centralization, quality assurance). She/He is in charge to train partners to use the tools and templates. The position will be based in Erbil/Dohuk with regular field missions in NES, in Amuda and Derek. The IM WG will work under the umbrella of the NES Forum working groups Coordination mechanism and with the Whole of Syria cluster system. Upon requests, he/she is in charge to produce maps. General objectives: The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and facilitate the processes that will ensure a well-coordinated, strategic, adequate, coherent, and effective response by WASH actors in NES. MAIN ACTIVITES :
- Participate in developing the sectoral Information Management strategy in accordance with WASH Cluster guidelines and context specific requirements.
- Participate in Whole of Syria HPC workshop and meetings.
- Specify information systems for the WASH sector needs;
- Design and/ or update information systems and associated procedures;
- Work in collaboration with its counterparts in the other working groups and partners.
- Provide ad hoc information and data Analysis for the WASH WG, WASH partners, NES Forum and ISWG;
- Provide reporting trainings (4W) and identify technical training needs of WASH partners;
- Produce maps and infographics in regular and ad hoc basis.
- Lead, Design, conduct and support WASH surveys and assessments;
- Expertise in data storage and file management
- Knowledge of MS Excel or MS Access (e.g. pivot tables and functions);
- Proven technical expertise for managing data capture and storage, for analyzing diverse datasets, and presenting information in understandable tables, charts, graphs and reports for various individuals and groups;
- Ability to process and analyse complex information.
- Excellent knowledge and skills on conducting surveys, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Knowledge of establishing and managing basic websites (e.g. UNOCHA’s Humanitarian Response platform);
- Proven expertise in designing, adapting and using IM tools and proven skills in using GIS and map-making packages, and in web design and Software Development are an asset
- Fluent English with excellent writing capacities is mandatory
- Arabic or Kurdish language skills desirable