Desired start date: October 2020 Duration of the mission: 7 months (renewable) Location: Position based in Al Mokha / YemenApply Now
ABOUT THE MISSIONSI opened its mission in Yemen in 2017, establishing its Coordination in Aden. With the support of the Emergency DESK, SI mission was able to quickly acquire operational capacity, which was first deployed in Lahj Governorate, for implementation of WASH and Food Security Programming. Over the course of 2018, SI expanded the geographical scope of its intervention, and established presence in Al Turbah and Al Mokha in Taizz Governorate. For the year 2020/21; the mission has a forecasted budget of about 10M Euros. It operates from Aden, where the coordination is based, and 2 operational field bases located in Al Turbah and Al Mokha. The mission is composed of 23 expatriates and more than 100 national staffs, and is funded by OFDA, CDC, YHPF, DutchMoFA and ECHO. SI Programming in Yemen focuses on addressing immediate food needs of communities at risk of famine, as well as providing timely response to displacements of population and AWD/Cholera outbreaks. Its portfolio is primarily composed of WASH Emergency projects, along with unconditional cash distribution.
ABOUT THE JOBGeneral objectives The program manager is in charge of implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the proposals. He/she is in charge of supervising the operational teams allocated to his/her program. He/she guarantees the proper execution and the quality of the implemented program and, if applicable, suggests adjustments or developments to ensure its relevance. The Yemeni mission is looking for a WASH program manager, based in Al Mokha with potentially regular field visits. SI is looking for a profile with strong Hygiene Promotion and technical engineering skills in water supply or environmental sanitation or both, and a proactive and solution-oriented mindset. The overall objective will be to lead the implementation of emergency, early-recovery and resilience WASH activities with a particular focus on household WASH access in rural areas, as well as hospitals and primary health centers, and the rehabilitation of centralized (in urban areas) water and sanitation networks. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project relevance, quality and design
- Implementation and operational monitoring
- Personnel management
- Reporting / communication / representation
- Rapid assessment in areas of intervention
- Recruitment of the team
- Define a clear planning for the activities to be carried out, including but not limited to procurement and implementation plan.
YOUR PROFILEEducation and experience
- University Degree (Bsc) in Water Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering or Environmental Health Engineering/Science
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as emergency WASH Program Manager
- Strong Hygiene Promotion drive and experience or skills.
- Proven previous experience providing WASH services in health facilities, including waste Management Systems
- Proven previous experience on rehabilitation of water networks, including solarization, borehole rehabilitation and network extension.
- Proven previous experience in performance planning, staff training and Capacity Building is an asset
- Experience in remote project management would be an asset.
- Demonstrated competence in application of modern water supply and construction design Computer Software (Sketch, AUTOCARD, PIPEFLOW, etc)
- Advanced technical knowledge on water and sanitation system and their design (mandatory knowledge in WASH in health facilities, waste treatment and management, and hydraulic engineering, i.e. water networks and pumping systems).
- Advanced knowledge on soft component linked with hygiene promotion, waste management and WASH.
- Good and proven writing and spoken English are required.
- Willingness to build capacities, train and mentor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Skill transfer ability highly appreciated.
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities.
- Great work and stress management capacities.