CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from Agriculture and Climate Change to Disaster Response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us. The WASH Advisor plays a key role in providing strategic direction and Technical Support in the Design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of CARE Yemen WASH Program. S/he works with technical staff at country office, field locations as well as CARE International Technical staff at HQ or home offices. S/he leads Coordination and Representation at national level and establishes and Maintains strong relationships with stakeholders (Government, Clusters, local partners etc.). S/he will be required to regularly visit project sites or provide remote support to monitor and report on the quality of WASH program interventions. The position holder will take overall responsibility in regular reviews and implementation of CARE Yemen WASH strategy. S/he will also be required provide support to both Emergency and Development interventions in line with Care Yemen Country Office strategy. Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Strategic Planning & Program Design
- Program Quality
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL)
- Capacity Building and Staff management
- Coordination & Representation
- At least BA degree in a related field like Public Health Engineering, Public Health Promotion. At least 5 years experience in managing both emergency or development WASH programs
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in WASH programming.
- Prior experience working in Yemen or similar contexts.
- Experience in Proposal writing and managing multi donor projects (experience in working with OFDA/USAID, UN- OCHA & DFID).
- Experience in coordination and representation at National Level including working through the Cluster Coordination mechanism.