This job opportunity is located in Plainview, New York Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Vice President of Development – Training and Consulting in our Eastern States region. The Vice President will lead a team of regional staff with diverse responsibilities in driving to Eastern States’ field campaign goals. The primary focus of the position is to equip development staff across the region with skills, strategies and tactics to achieve overall campaign/key indicator goals related to sponsorship, individual giving and peer-to-peer Fundraising. The scope of responsibilities includes driving strategy and direction of core campaigns, training and coaching of all development staff, leading by example with a portfolio of consulting markets and inspiring bold efforts and innovative approaches. Essential Job Duties:Apply Now
- In partnership with SVP of Consulting will create and communicate affiliate revenue plan for the core products to raise $82+ million in sponsorship, individual giving and P2P fundraising strategies.
- Ownership of the launch and execution of Eastern States Heart Challenge campaign.
- Inspire and support ES Development staff success and leadership with campaign fundamentals and innovative big wins.
- Direct Campaign Consulting to a portfolio of staff leading $1M+ fiscal campaigns.
- Manage event consulting team, consisting of 3 direct reports and 10 total team members. This team will be responsible for best practice-based consulting focusing on the priorities in the affiliate revenue/business plan and on-boarding/training of all development team members.
- Ensure collaboration and alignment with national field campaign and community impact team. Serve as the lead liaison between the national and regional teams.
- Determine communications, strategy sharing and "one voice" alignment between national center and affiliate. Work with affiliate SVP for 'one voice' communication.
- A bachelor’s degree or some college coursework combined with related experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in non-profit fundraising and Volunteer management in combination with seven years of managerial experience leading fundraising staff is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of meeting sales/fundraising goals.
- Experience securing corporate donations through participating in and leading top-level sponsorship asks.
- Experience cultivating major donors, securing city-wide sponsorships, and recruiting new companies and donors.
- Must be willing to work outside of standard hours in support of events, sponsors and volunteers including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel within your territory daily as well as occasional travel to other locations?