IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new growth strategy (IFC 3.0) to stimulate more investment activity, especially in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict affected Situations (FCS). This strategy calls for generating our own opportunities by proactively working “Upstream” to create, deepen, and expand markets and to imagine, design and implement investment projects. It requires taking a systematic approach to understanding the regulatory and sector bottlenecks that prevent the flow of private capital into productive investment in our member countries, and addressing these bottlenecks through World Bank Group engagement on policy reforms and programmatic interventions at the country and sector level. It also requires capacity to leverage WBG programs and projects to develop our own proactive sector interventions and to imagine and design projects even in the absence of reforms.
IFC is seeking a Investment or Operations Analyst to support Upstream work in the ECA region with a focus on the manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors. The Upstream Analyst will support the development of high-quality Upstream pipeline through research, analytical and operational work.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide research and analysis on relevant sectors, markets and companies, including market mapping, comparator analysis, and sector and company financial projections/models.
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements of companies within the sector.
- Extract data from internal and external databases, manipulate and present data for various audiences and update/maintain information in relevant databases.
- Review, screen and prepare relevant documents and reports.
- Support the Upstream team with overall project management, planning and monitoring of deliverables to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program.
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, International Relations, Science, Engineering, or other relevant field. MBA or Masters degree preferred.
- Up to 3 years work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment.
- Genuine commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFC's mission, strategy and values.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance.
- Ability to develop complex financial models.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple projects.
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to take initiative and work across organizational boundaries.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English, Russian and Uzbek.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.