ITU is the leading United Nations agency for information and communication technologies, with the mission to connect the world. To achieve this, ITU manages the radio-frequency spectrum and satellite orbits at the international level, works to improve communication infrastructure in the developing world, and establishes global standards that foster seamless interconnection of a vast range of Communication Systems. ITU also organizes global Telecom events bringing together the most influential representatives of government and the private sector to exchange ideas and knowledge for the benefit of all. IN Organ: The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) is responsible for the organization and Coordination of the work of the Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) of the Union which deals mainly with ICT-focused development policies, strategies and programmes, as well as technical cooperation activities, to promote digital inclusion and drive Digital Transformation at community, country and regional levels. To effectively and efficiently serve the needs of ITU members, BDT is organized into four functional areas:Apply Now
- Office of the Deputy to the Director and Field Operations Coordination Department
- Partnerships for Digital Development Department
- Digital Networks & Society Department
- Digital Knowledge Hub Department
- Producing content related to youth engagement.
- Assisting in research, development, and implementation of the ITU-D Youth Strategy.
- Assisting in the organization of the WTDC-21 Youth Summit.
- Assisting with the coordination and management of the ITU youth task force.
- Assisting in coordinating inputs from ITU experts and staff.
- Actively assisting and contributing to the activities on youth engagement.