Background: The Knowledge, Innovation and Communication Sector at the IDB is currently looking for a strategic, people leader and highly motivated individual to head the Client Relations Unit, reporting directly to the Sector Manager.
The main function of the Knowledge, Innovation and Communication (KIC) Sector is to: (i) help the IDB Group to identify, build, apply, and disseminate high-quality knowledge, as well as to develop and use learning products that enable the building of technical and general competencies; (ii) promote an internal culture of innovation by providing experience, networks, and methodologies and expediting the adoption of innovative solutions; and (iii) expand the audience that uses the Bank’s products and position the brand through internal and external communication.
The team’s mission: The Client Relations Unit serves as a gateway for access to KIC’s product and service offerings, thereby providing IDBG organizational units with advice and support in identifying, coordinating and prioritizing needs and opportunities in Knowledge Management, as well as innovation and communication in line with their business needs and challenges.
The Unit’s activities include:
- Support the preparation, approval, implementation and evaluation of IDGB organizational units annual Knowledge, Innovation and Communication Plans ensuring their highest quality and proper alignment to IDBG business needs.
- Coordinate KIC’s support to IDBG organizational units in response to the needs identified in the annual plans.
- Identify potential efficiencies among complementary activities and products within the IDB Group.
- Facilitate the dialogue on the sector portfolio of products and services
What you will do
- Provide strategic guidance to find opportunities to develop creative programs to bring vanguard knowledge to the Bank in specific knowledge topics and support their Design, delivery and evaluation.
- Support the design and implementation of IDB Group’s organizational units KIC Plans’ with effective and efficient methodologies, tools and approaches.
- Align Unit plans and use of resources with the broader goals and strategies of the Bank to deliver results against business plans. Assume responsibility for the delivery of high-quality products and/or services on schedule and budget.
- Advise Management on the development of strategies, initiatives, policies and guidelines for the Bank and its clients in the areas of focus.
- Work in close collaboration with KIC’s Divisions and Units to bring to bear efforts, skills and resources to the fullest potential.
- Identify potential partnership opportunities within and outside the Bank.
- Lead, mentor, and assess the team and provide goals and expectations, feedback and technical mentorship to optimize performance.
What you will need:
Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
Education: Master's degree or equivalent Licenciatura/advanced degree (Ph.D. preferred) in one of the following areas: Knowledge Management, Information Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or equivalent discipline.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience related to the key responsibilities of the position.
- Previous experience in LAC is strongly preferred.
- Strong technical background and management track record.
- Publications in related areas to the position are a plus.
- Experience handling multi-disciplinary and/or cross-sector teams, with validated well-honed integration skills.
- Prior experience working with international organizations, particularly in a development context, is an advantage.
- Strong project Management skills, including but not limited to: leadership, communication, planning and communication skills, risk and cost management, negotiation, critical thinking and quality management
- Ability to interpret and apply policy framework in a manner that is suitable to the client situation and in the best interest of the institution
- Apply effective leadership and resources management skills, setting performance standards and provides feedback and mentoring to drive growth and continuous improvement.
- Promoting diversity and inclusion, modeling inclusive behaviors and using diversity to achieve business results.
Languages: Excellent English and Spanish language proficiency, oral and written, is required. French and Portuguese are a plus.
Expected Values and Behaviors:
The individual is expected to abide by the IDB’s values and behaviors as set forth in the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
Type of contract: Fixed -Term
Length of contract: 3 years
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: IDB Headquarters in Washington, DC.
Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to Gender Equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
We encourage women, afro-descendants, people of indigenous origins, and persons with disabilities to apply.
About us: At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic and its implications for our Region, the IDB Group is reviewing its hiring needs and re-prioritizing its areas of talent acquisition. We encourage candidates to continue to apply to the active postings, yet current job openings may be subject to further decisions in terms of timing of the processes, or other actions, in accordance with business needs. Final hiring decisions may also be conditioned to the candidate’s ability to timely relocate to the post of duty at the moment of starting service.Additional Information