IDB Invest Transaction Services Disbursement Processing Team Lead (Officer/Associate Officer) FNA/OPD Would you like to use your skills and experience to contribute to the economic and social development of Latin America and the Caribbean? Background: Given that IDB Invest's business has significantly increased in size and complexity since its creation in 2016, it is a strategic priority to strengthen the back-office functions of the institution. This strengthening will require the implementation of operational, organizational, and technology initiatives. One key initiative was the creation of the Operations Division in June 2020. The Finance and Administration Department (FNA) now covers the following areas: Controllership, Treasury, Marketing & Communications and Operations. The newly created Operations Division (OPD) was created with the purpose of centralizing financial and administrative services including treasury operations, financial operations and Document Management; and transaction services including disbursement processing, financial statement spreading & Analysis, compliance, monitoring and trade & supply Chain Finance, in order to increase efficiency, standardization and automation. Our team: You will be part of a high-energy, and creative team. The Disbursement Processing Team manages IDB Invest loan disbursements, capital calls and guarantee activations. What you’ll do:Apply Now
- Lead a team that coordinates and processes IDB Invest loan disbursements, capital calls and guarantees, including:
- Proactive management of all documentation and correspondence related to the disbursement process and confirmation of compliance with internal processes.
- Review of disbursement requests to confirm compliance with contracts.
- Preparation of required disbursement package with attention to detail and quality, before sending for approval.
- Processing of disbursements in IDB Invest systems.
- Coordination of tasks and meetings with other project parties, including internal and external participants involved in the process (eg. lawyers, consultants, etc.).
- Calculation of fees and other payments related to disbursements.
- Follow-up on each stage of the process to ensure release of funds on requested date.
- Review of conditions precedent to disbursements.
- Focal point for disbursements within IDB Invest, including coordination with other IDB Group divisions and departments, raising relevant issues related to area with Transaction Services Head and Division Chief as necessary;
- Disbursement quality review, validation and approvals in IDB Group systems;
- Lead incorporation of more complex elements of disbursement processing, such as conditions precedent review; coordinating with IDB Invest Operational Excellence team;
- Propose solutions and efficiencies in area; support the team in continuous process improvement and implementation of best practices; handle administrative matters related to team.