The Office of the Ombudsman for United Nations Funds and Programmes (the “Office”) is established as an informal pillar of the system of Administration of justice within the United Nations to make available the services of impartial and independent body to address work-related issues of staff members and non-staff personnel of the UN Funds and Programmes (UNDP, UNICEF, UNOPS, UNFPA, and UN Women).Apply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Office is looking for an intern to support the Training and Outreach team of the Office in carrying out the activities described below. 1. Support the teams’s projects and training activities.
- Under the supervision of the Training and Conflict Resolution Consultant, the intern will be involved in designing, and developing the training and outreach database. Responsibilities will include:
- Consultation with other members of the team in analyzing past information and considering what information will be useful to have for development and improvement of our services. Review training data.
- Building a user-friendly database.
- Data Entry of past information
- Create a user guide for the database
- Review training data, and present findings to the Office of the Ombudsman’s team during a case management meeting.
- Under the supervision of the Training and Conflict Resolution, the intern will be involved in designing, creating, and translating materials for the Office’s in-person training workshops, and remote webinar sessions, as well as planning for workshops. Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing recently implemented webinar sessions
- Reviewing already created workshop materials
- Reaching out to Office of Ombudsman Team colleagues to hear about their case experiences, and use that material as inspiration for creating role plays, scenarios, and activities.
- Logistical and Coordination support in planning, implementing and facilitating training and outreach sessions.
- Under the supervision of the Training and Conflict Resolution Consultant the intern will assist by shadowing cases, reviewing case materials, listening in on case calls and debriefing with Training and Conflict Resolution Consultant.