Due to the significant volume of recruitment being undertaken by Joint Force Training Centre (JFTC) the processing time for applications will take longer than normal. Once you have submitted your application please ensure that you have received a TALEO/NTAP acknowledgement email, which is your proof that your application has been submitted. After this you will be contacted in due course by our recruitment team with further information on the status of your application, but please note that this may not be for several weeks after the vacancy notice closes.
If you are an experienced SATCOM Technician, looking to join a dynamic team working in a multi-national environment, 3rd NATO Signal Battalion would be interested in hearing from you.
Post ContextNSB provides CIS services to deployed NATO HQs. The Maintenance and Support Company is responsible for Technical Support of C2 services (including IS Support to FS). By providing electronic maintenance (level 2+) of deployable assets, for level 2 maintenance of CIS and Non-CIS equipment, and supply for the NATO Signal Battalion. Responsible for the operational planning and control of all level 2/2+ CIS maintenance assets in support of NATO operations and exercises. Provide early entry communications and level-2 maintenance and technical support for NATO satellite equipment. The incumbent is responsible for the installation, operation, maintenance (IO&M) and technical support of deployable satellite equipment. Reports to: Section Head/Team 1 Leader (SATCOM)
Principal Duties: He/she will
- Assist Communication Engineer in technical support of all NSB assigned DCIS assets.
- Exercise technical control, system engineering and installation of a SATCOM terminal.
- Maintain crypto equipment manuals and the keying material for the SATCOM terminal.
- Be required to deploy for exercises and operations.
- Manage preventive and corrective maintenance of CIS equipment at peacetime location and deployed location.
- Inspect and evaluatestraining of NSB DCM/MSC personnel in the functional areas of CIS network, ADP and Info Ops.
- Contribute to Battalion Operations Centre as Technician. Support Battalion Operations Centre Head by ensuring Operations Centre’s functionality on daily basis. Ensure required level of support as directed by NSB COMMs Engineer. Report DCIS status to COMMs Engineer.
- At least one year practical experience in the planning, implementation and troubleshooting of military deployable satellite systems.
- Extensive experience in the configuration and troubleshooting of systems which use FO and copper modems and media converters.
- Must have completed CCNA or ICND 1&2 within the last three years.
- Experience in the fabrication, repair and installation of field cable systems (optical and copper), including implementation of requisite Security regulations.
- Hands-on experience with sophisticated test equipment and tools for telecommunication systems.