The Technical Recruiter (ICT) position is part of the Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) structure which supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. It was formed by combining the following portfolios: Grants Management Services (GMS), UN Technology Support Services (UNTSS), Development and Special Initiatives Portfolio (DSIP). It provides Services to partners' programmes that are designed, structured, and managed with a global perspective and primarily serving partners that are headquartered in New York. The SDC has a footprint of approximately 125 countries.
This position will work closely with the UN Technology Support Services (UNTSS) portfolio within SDC. The portfolio focuses on the recruitment of IT positions for diverse clients within the United Nations.
The incumbent will play an important role to support the Gender Parity efforts of the Sustainable Development Cluster.Functional Responsibilities
Our mission in UNOPS is to help people build better lives and countries achieve peace and sustainable development, this is done through different projects around the world. We are working with a large portfolio in the area of technology and communications and we are looking for an experienced person to help us identify candidates for the different positions available. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about finding the best candidates, have great communication, enjoy working with people from all over the world and would like to contribute to our mission.
As a Technical Recruiter (ICT) you will work on strengthening UNOPS capacity to effectively source and attract the best talent, with a focus on qualified women. You will actively support SDC in improving the diversity in their recruitment pipeline. The main focus of this position is on improving the gender diversity within our workforce and meeting the corporate gender targets on parity, including those targets concerning special measures. You will be expected to drive improvements in talent attraction, especially to attract qualified female candidates in the IT field.
You will have a sound understanding of international best practices in recruitment and diversity, together with an open mind for innovation, while being focused on delivering practical solutions. The role will require a relationship-driven approach and a result-oriented mind-set to build and sustain global, regional and local networks that will expand UNOPS diverse talent network. Specific responsibilities (with a clear focus on women) include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with hiring teams to have a deep understanding of job responsibilities and desired candidate profile (technical skills, experience, knowledge);
- Develop and maintain influencing conversations with Portfolio/Programme colleagues to achieve recruitment results in line with strategic objectives;
- Conduct job and task analyses to document job duties and requirements;
- Contribute to develop innovative recruitment campaigns including media, print, web/online content and event promotion for employer brand awareness.
- Conduct market research to identify and implement sourcing systems, tools, and approaches to attract qualified diverse candidates in the Information Technology area;
- Identify and develop collaboration with relevant networks and platforms in order to attract qualified candidates;
- Participate in tech conferences and meetups to network with IT professionals.
Sourcing of candidates
- Drive and initiate outreach activities, to improve the quantity and quality of applications and their diversity, with a special focus on qualified women candidates;
- Identify and handle direct candidate searches for specific recruitment processes (headhunting);
- Source potential candidates on niche platforms, like Stack Overflow, but also on non-nice platforms such as LinkedIn;
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates;
- Promote UNOPS as a great place to work, through relevant job fairs, social Media Platforms and other appropriate channels;
- Parse specialized skills and qualifications to screen IT applications;
- When necessary, perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities.
- An Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent)
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a recruiter;
- Experience in IT headhunting is required (1 year minimum);
- Technical expertise with an ability to understand and explain job requirements for IT roles;
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques (e.g. social media recruiting and Boolean search).
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems is an asset
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Spanish or Italian is an advantage.
- Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.(for levels IICA-2, IICA-3, LICA Specialist- 10, LICA Specialist-11, NOC, NOD, P3, P4 and above)
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge.
- Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement - ICA retainer modality. A retainer contract is issued for a period of time during which the services of the individual contractor are required intermittently. The individual contractor agreement on retainer basis will specify a “unit price” per day worked. For budgetary purposes, a monetary cap will be determined when the contract is awarded and issued. Please note that the retainer contract will not provide for a minimum, and payment will be made only after completion of work
- Contract level: IICA 2
- Contract duration: Up to 31 December 2020 with possibilities of extension based on performance and availability of funds
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by Security Policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.