Title: Technical Officer and Provincial Team Lead, Planning and Performance Management
Location – Mansa, Luapula Province
Reporting to: Deputy Chief of Party-Technical
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, nutrition, economic development, gender, youth, education, environment, civil society, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Officer and Provincial Team Lead, Planning and Performance Management
FHI 360 seeks Technical Officer and Provincial Team Lead, Planning and Performance Management to join province-based teams delivering high-quality technical assistance to the Government of Zambia to improve the quality, responsiveness and efficiency of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) services. USAID Zambia supports the Government of the Republic of Zambia and the Ministry of Health to improve the health of mothers and children through strengthened capacity to engage the communities for health, to deliver quality services, and to strengthen systems at national and subnational levels. The successful candidates will provide technical assistance to the government-led RMNCAH&N Continuum of Care Program at provincial, district and Team Lead, Planning and Performance Management to be based in Mansa, Luapula with travel to other priority provinces - Muchinga, Southern and Eastern – and Lusaka.
The Technical Officer and Provincial Team Lead, Planning and Performance Management will work closely with the program team, under the leadership of the Deputy Chief of Party Technical to execute the following responsibilities:
- Support the district in conducting relevant system analysis of its essential functions: planning, performance reviews, supervision, QA/QI and functioning of HCC, NHC, and SMAGs
- Coordinate the analysis of facility and community-based indicators of performance with a focus on effective coverage of RMNCAH-N services
- Assess the functionality and effectiveness of community engagement and accountability mechanisms and mobilize project and local TA systems to address them.
- Coordinate the TA response of the project to address performance management and service quality issues at district and provincial level.
- Organize the support of the provincial team to the annual work planning process, including technical assistance and review of district-level work plans.
- Organize the support of the provincial team to the semi-annual and quarterly performance review meetings and their data-driven focus.
- Coordinate the inputs of the provincial team to strengthen the district supervision system, including measures of its functionality and effectiveness
- Support the design and implementation of structured local QI efforts, consistent with MoH guidelines, including coaching of QI teams and assessment of their effectiveness.
- Identify and respond to capacity-building of service providers in clinical skills related to RMNCAH-N services
- Identify and mobilize the TA response to financial management issues
- Contribute to provincial and district-level continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation.
- Identify and coordinate the response of the provincial response team to issues of performance of the HMIS, including timeliness, completeness and data accuracy and use through data review meetings. .
- Document effective local solutions and best practices and support their replication across communities, facilities and districts.
- Master’s Degree in public health or health management. Clinical background with public health training is strongly preferred.
- At least five (5) years of work experience in the Zambia health system, preferably at provincial or district level;
- Excellent knowledge of Zambia planning and performance management system, district supervision and QA/QI policy.
- Excellent knowledge of Zambia community-level structures (NHC, SMAG)
- Systems analysis skills applied to RMNCAH-N services preferred.
- Experience with QA/QI models preferred
- Experience leading a small team of 5-to-7 health professionals
- Technical and financial experience with a USG-funded project as well a health-related project is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders and NGO partners.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.