Job Summary: The Technical Officer, HIV Clinical Services is responsible for providing technical assistance in HIV clinical services for the LINKAGES project in Jakarta. HIV clinical services are broadly defined and consist of HIV testing and counseling (HTC), HIV treatment (e.g. Test and Treat All, Test and Start), viral load testing and suppression, and TB/HIV integration. The Technical Officer, HIV Clinical Services also is responsible for ensuring the quality of care at targeted puskesmas and working in close collaboration with Jakarta Fast Track stakeholders to reach collective 90-90-90 goals. The position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply. Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.Apply Now
- Responsible for development and implementation of the LINKAGES HIV clinical services strategy in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Implement appropriate local strategies for related clinical services support at the provincial and district levels.
- Assist selected health facilities to achieve LINKAGES technical performance thresholds and to maintain the quality of performance to achieve provincial/district targets.
- Develop collaboration with PHO, DHOs, health facilities and local CSOs to strengthen district performance on reach and test eligible client to achieve DKI Jakarta Fastrack
- Provide technical assistance for health facility to streamline HIV testing in order to increase testing rate, case finding and assist health facility to better identify most at-risk population
- In collaboration with DKI Jakarta Mentor team to provide or assist clinical mentoring session that can be in face to face, webinar or other innovative media to increase health facility technical and program capacity.
- Support PHO, DHO and health facility to implement latest National treatment guideline especially for test and treat all strategy and work with various USAID implementing partner to implement DKI Jakarta Joint service delivery at selected facilities.
- Provide technical assistance for LINKAGES-supported clinical services activities with provincial and district level stakeholders, including the Health Services, laboratories, hospitals (public and private), clinics, professional organizations, and partners working in the province as well as other government sectors, as appropriate.
- Assist DHO and Health facility to set viral load target as well as develop strategy to achieve viral suppression target in consultation with LINKAGES and USAID implementing partner under Joint service delivery.
- Provide inputs and technical assistance on the use of ICT solution to increase program efficiency and effectiveness among health care workers
- Develop a strategy to incorporate data openness, visualization and utilization culture to existing Monitoring and Evaluation mechanism among health facilities, DHOs and PHOs.
- In collaboration with PHO, DHOs and health facilities develop a technical assistance strategy to reduce ART lost to follow up.
- Promote greater collaboration of facility-community and referral mechanism of facility-facility to increase quality of care among PLHIV.
- Provide inputs for the annual and quarterly work plans, budgets, and all relevant reporting requirements related to clinical service and related unit support activities in the LINKAGES program with a focus on Jakarta.
- Manage quality and effective communication, Coordination and liaison with DHO, PHO and national level, including LINKAGES-related partners
- Ensure the achievement of high quality results/deliverables in accordance with the targets identified in the LINKAGES work plan and performance monitoring plan.
- Stay current and up to date on HIV clinical services guidelines, strategies and protocols, including Government of Indonesia and relevant international (i.e., WHO) protocols and guidelines.
- Facilitate the development and utilization of appropriate quality control and Quality Assurance systems for all aspects of HIV/AIDS clinical services, including integrated services like TB.
- Monitor clinical service activities in Jakarta and identify significant issues, provide recommendations and support the follow-up implementation to improve the LINKAGES program.
- Report regularly to the Advisor, HIV Clinical Services or LINKAGES Program Manager on progress and status of LINKAGES HIV clinical service activities in Jakarta
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- Knowledge and practice of HIV clinical services
- Understands the HIV-related needs of key and priority population groups in Indonesia, including female sex workers, men who have sex with men, PWID, transgender individuals and high-risk males/females
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated Capacity Building skills
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding Public Health issues among key populations in Indonesia
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent • Clinical (M.D) or Public Health
- At least 3 years of HIV technical expertise, preferable with HIV public health related experience
- Demonstrated capacity building, management and partnership experience
- Proficient in both written and spoken English language and fluent in Bahasa Indonesian
- Experience with U.S. government rules and regulations and experience working in an international NGO/PVO environment desirable.