Save the Children is seeking a Director" id="link" class="link">Technical Director/ Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Mali. The program will seek to improve food and nutrition security and resilience in conflict-affected areas through strengthening local systems and Community Participation. Hiring is contingent upon successful award of the project and USAID approval of the candidate. What You'll Be Doing (Essential Duties) The proposed program will be an integrated food and nutrition security intervention that works at the nexus of humanitarian and development programming. The Technical Director, who will also function as the programmatic DCoP, will establish and manage systems to ensure a coherent and high-impact approach across all program activities and themes. The incumbent will ensure that activities are layered and sequenced appropriately at all stages of the intervention. The incumbent will develop tools and procedures to guide the implementation of food and nutrition security programming, monitoring outputs and outcomes and ensuring course corrections as required. The incument will oversee thematic leads and ensure the quality of their – and their teams’ – work. Key Functions:Apply Now
- Establish an integration framework such that all sectoral interventions and thematic areas and approaches align at the household and community levels to maximize food and nutrition security impacts. This applies not only to technical sectors such as natural Resource Management, livelihoods, and nutrition, but also to cross-cutting considerations and program approaches such as gender, youth, conflict-sensitivity, community-driven development, and resilience to shocks.
- Create, and monitor the use of, tools to ensure integration, cohesion, and alignment with food security and nutrition security and resilience best practices. Train and coach team members and partner team members in the use of the same.
- Establish and implement a layering and sequencing strategy to ensure that each activity in the intervention is timed and implemented in a way that builds towards overall desired food and nutrition security and resilience impacts. Manage activities to achieve this layering and sequencing plan. Ensure that external activities and investments in the intervention area are considered, and that appropriate linkages are created with Emergency, development and safety net programs.
- Ensure that all members of the program consortium are contributing technical inputs in a coordinated fashion that leverages the expertise of each organization.
- Working with the Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Lead, hold discussions with partners and collaborating agencies to create and implement plans for program Coordination at the household, community, and commune levels.
- Assist the CoP in overall program quality assurance, and the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager in the measurement of the program impacts.
- Lead the documentation and dissemination of information regarding program practices and outcomes.
- Ensure that team members are provided with learning opportunities that support the technical quality of field interventions.
- Provide day to day assistance, guidance and support to thematic team leaders to ensure quality implementation and integration.
- Lead the technical aspects of routine and ad hoc program reporting.
- Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in a relevant field and at least five years of relevant field-based Program Management experience; or, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least seven years of relevant field-based experience
- Specific technical expertise in food and nutrition security and resilience programming.
- Strong understanding of conflict sensitive and community-driven development approaches.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills in French and English. Knowledge of local languages is an asset.
- Strong tool/ Curriculum Development and training skills.
- Demonstrate experience with food security-related M&E tools, best practices and analytics required.