Objective: To provide support to MHD RTS for the Americas in organizing and coordinating the IOM’s Covid-19 response in the Americas.
Tasks to be preformed under this contract:
- Collect regularly information from the IOM’s COs in the Americas on the planned and conducted activities to inform the decision process for IOM’s COVID-19 response in the Americas.
- Collect and compile COVID-19 related information regularly to feed the bi-weekly MHD SitReps and other Regional Office thematic documents.
- Collect and compile COVID-19 information from the COs for IOM Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan, Global Humanitarian Response Plan and other key strategic documents as required.
- Maintain a repository of information, materials and documents from IOM and other relevant sources on COVID-19.
- Support the development of COVID-19 preparedness and work plans of IOM COs in the Americas.
- Support COVID-19 Resource Mobilization activities.
- Support the COs in drafting concept notes and/or project proposals to respond to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Participate in COVID-19 Coordination meetings as required.
- Support coordination with other IOM thematic specialists in the Americas by providing timely and relevant information, organizing virtual meetings, taking and disseminating notes.
- Perform such other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment.
- COVID-19 country preparedness and work plans
- COVID-19 repository of information, materials and documents from IOM and other relevant sources and technical agencies
- Overview of selected donors (donor map), with their background, funding history, and preferred methods of funding in the context of COVID-19
Realistic delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered.
3 months after the initiation of the contract
How to apply
- Interested candidates must submit their application (CV) by e-mail to: ROSanJoseVacancies@iom.int
- The email subject must be “Consultant COVID Assistant May 2020”.
- Deadline for sending applications: May 20, 2020.