FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Advisor Quality Improvement and Capacity Building based in Beijing, China.
The Technical Advisor Quality Improvement and Capacity Building will provide technical leadership for an anticipated USAID project focusing on Ethnic Tibetans in the People’s Republic of China. The Technical Advisor will oversee the program to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated. This position will provide technical inputs in quality and improvement with key stakeholders to improve the utilization of health services by applying evidence-based guidelines, approaches and tools to increase effective capacity development. The Technical Advisor Quality Improvement and Capacity Building will report to the Chief of Party. **This position is subject to project award and funding.
- Serves as the technical lead on all health quality improvement and capacity building activities, providing technical leadership and expertise in the development and implementation of sustainable quality improvement for improved health service utilization
- Facilitates identification and implementation of health services utilization strengthening interventions including leadership and management capacity building, policy development, enhanced efficiency and skills building among health services providers
- Coordinates the development and implementation of project technical strategies, adapting global and regional technical resources and tools as needed
- Ensures the development, review, and adoption of national quality improvement framework approach by supporting health services providers through training and mentorship
- Supports the design and implementation of the capacity building of health services providers, data analysis and measurement of outcomes, documentation and reporting of the results and accomplishments of quality improvement initiatives
- Collaborates with other teams and team members to integrate efforts to institutionalize and increase sustainability across the components of the overall program. Assist other teams in capacity building as needed
- Leads the development and implementation of relevant aspects of project work plans and monitoring and evaluation plans, ensuring that targets are met and project outcomes are achieved.
- Serves as the primary representative of project quality improvement activities within and outside the project.
- Promotes sustainability of project activities with effective networking, coordination and linkages to other programs, partners and counterparts, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organization
- Master’s degree (equivalent) or higher in public health or related field and/or a medical degree
- Proven ability to lead teams working with various stakeholders to improve the utilization of Health Services by Ethnic Tibetans
- Demonstrates significant experience working in quality and performance improvement of the utilization of health services in China with deep knowledge of the Chinese government health services system
- Possesses minimum five or more (5+) years of relevant experience progressively more responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract/grant management
- At least 5 to 8 years of professional experience in project management and leadership, including experience managing USAID projects and staff, proven experience working with government officials to support strategy development, implementation plans and decision making
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and experience in managing teams
- Excellent written, communication and oral presentation skills in local language
- Ethnic Tibetans with a deep cultural and religious grounding and language ability are preferred
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume to APROProposal@fhi360.org.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.