Title: Technical Advisor, Nutrition
Location – Provincial Office, Mansa, Luapula
Reporting to: Deputy Chief of Party- Technical
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, nutrition, economic development, gender, youth, education, environment, civil society, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Nutrition, Technical Advisor
FHI 360 seeks a Nutrition, Technical Advisor to join province-based teams delivering high-quality technical assistance to the Government of Zambia to improve the quality, responsiveness and efficiency of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) services. USAID Zambia supports the Government of the Republic of Zambia and the Ministry of Health to improve the health of mothers and children through strengthened capacity to engage the communities for health, to deliver quality services, and to strengthen systems at national and subnational levels. The successful candidates will provide technical assistance to the government-led RMNCAH&N Continuum of Care Program at provincial, district and health facility levels, in collaboration with the project team, to improve the implementation of high impact RMNCAH&N interventions. FHI 360 seeks Nutrition Technical Advisor to be based in Mansa, Luapula with travel to other priority provinces - Muchinga, Southern and Eastern – and Lusaka.
The Nutrition Technical Advisor will work closely with the program team, under the leadership of the Deputy Chief of Party- Technical to execute the following responsibilities:
- Lead the technical direction of the project related to evidence-based nutrition programming for facility and community-level interventions, based on local and global best practices
- Provide strategic leadership on nutrition policy and programming in ways that are sensitive and beneficial to the target populations and in harmony with existing nutrition coordination mechanisms (e.g. Scaling-up-Nutrition (SUN)).
- Contribute to program/project design, implementation, learning, and monitoring and evaluation through active collaboration with project teams and the GOZ.
- Oversee the selection of appropriate nutrition technical assistance to meet national, provincial, and district needs.
- Participate and provide strategic inputs into nutrition technical working group meetings at the all levels (national, provincial, and district levels).
- Provide guidance and technical support in alignment with Government of Zambia nutrition policies and strategies, including USAID policy priorities.
- Lead the development and refinement of nutrition trainings, tools, guidelines, and standards to support GOZ interventions.
- Contribute to the learning agenda by identifying information gaps in nutrition that could include secondary data analysis, literature reviewing, and field testing of new approaches.
- Build the nutrition technical capacity of provincial and district staff through technical updates, training, exchange visits, literature sharing, and mentorship.
- Actively engage in networks and forums to support GOZ nutrition priorities and promote involvement of multiple government sectors, donors, and the private sector in nutrition-related initiatives.
- Maintain diplomatic and high-quality interactions and clear and consistent communications internally and with partners in the field.
- Masters (MSc) in Nutrition or related field, with an emphasis on community nutrition, public health nutrition, SBCC, or other relevant sub-specialty.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience designing and implementing multi-sector nutrition programs.
- Demonstrated significant expertise providing technical assistance to project/host country government staff working on nutrition.
- Prior experience in the Zambian nutrition sector with experience at the community, district, sub-national and national levels.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.