The Technical Advisor - Management Information Systems (MIS), will provide technical guidance for the development and implementation of innovative strategies to strengthen the availability and use of pharmaceutical information for decision-making. The TA-MIS leads MTaPS Philippine's collaborative efforts with DOH and other USAID-funded programs and relevant stakeholders in the field of information systems strengthening and information for decision-making. The TA-MIS will provide technical assistance to the DOH for implementing the eLMIS and GS1 barcode system across the country. She/He will facilitate project management for smooth implementation of the eLMIS and other information system development project. Working with the DOH, technical partners, and other members of the MTaPS team, the TA-MIS will assist in defining the initial application and system architecture, and develop and monitor an implementation roadmap for DOH to roll out the eLMIS and other information systems across the country.Apply Now
Specific ResponsibilitiesTechnical Support (60%)
- Provide technical support to management and country team in the conceptualization and implementation of pharmaceutical management activities at the country, regional, and peripheral levels.
- Lead and participate in activities aimed at Pharmaceutical management system strengthening, assessments, options Analysis, operations research, and strategic planning, ensuring that findings, recommendations, and plans are all consistent with USAID objectives and host government priorities.
- Provide technical support to Senior Technical Advisors in the implementation of planned activities and in the review of project deliverables ensuring quality of products.
- Participate and represent MSH and project in meetings with Ministry of Health (MOH), Pharmacy Department, other government agencies and institutions, USAID, Global Fund, national and international partners and collaborators.
- Participate in Human Resource capacity assessments in the pharmaceutical sector and collaborate internally and externally to develop country-specific capacity building material, strategies, and roll out plans.
- Collaborate with stakeholders for the development, deployment, and implementation of appropriate tools necessary to improve pharmaceutical management information systems and their appropriate use for decision-making.
- In coordination with the M&E team, support project for the establishment of mechanisms for collecting relevant data to their established indicators. Also, participate in program review activities and provide adequate recommendations.
- Support project staff in the adequate documentation and dissemination of program results and lessons learned including the development and submission of abstracts and articles to scientific journals and conferences.
Qualifications and ExperienceEducation: Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, information systems, software quality assurance, or related field required.
- Master's degree.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in IT business, system analysis, or project management experience for information systems projects, or 4 years of experience with a master's degree.
- Expertise and experience in procurement and supply chain management related information systems, including system architecture, application design, current and innovative technologies, and open source solutions and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with multi-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, and Collaborating Agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Track record of, and strong commitment to, transparency and collaboration as demonstrated by sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Domain Knowledge related to pharmaceutical distribution and/or general supply chain systems.
- Budgeting and Cost Management Skills.
- Proficiency and fluency in English.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
- Strong ethics, values, integrity and trust, ability to listen to and motivate others, and collegiality.
- Adaptability, Communication, Problem Solving, Creativity and Innovation, Quality, Quality and Timeliness of Work, Quality of work and Team Relationships, Resource Utilization.
- Building Effective Teams, Conflict Management, Approachability, and Developing direct reports and others.
- Travel requirements: Availability to travel domestically and internationally as needed up to 30% of the time.
- Keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10 lbs.