Social Impact is a Global Development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity Building Services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and Economic Growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral Development Banks, foundations, and nonprofits. Project Objective: The United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) conducted a Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) Assessment for Thailand in 2020 in order to provide critical inputs for future strategy development. The DRG Assessment recommended that USAID/RDMA conduct an additional in-depth assessment of priority government and Civil Society Organizations/networks and processes identified in the broader DRG Assessment, as well as other potential entry points and programming options. Social Impact has been asked to conduct this follow-on assessment which will identify specific findings and recommendations for USAID/RDMA based on the current context, operating environment, and that aligns with USAID’s policies and priorities. Position Description: SI is seeking an individual to fill the role of the Team Lead (TL) for this Governance Programmatic Assessment. The TL will manage and oversee the research team and all client deliverables. In addition, the TL is responsible for coordinating research activities and ensuring the production and completion of the final report in accordance with the scope of work and work plan timelines. The TL will guide the development of the desk review, direct Data Collection and compilation, conduct data Analysis, coordinate technical inputs of team members and lead the drafting and completion of a final report. The TL will ensure quality assurance and timeliness of all deliverables, including adherence to SI’s quality assurance standards. The project will begin in November and is projected to last until February 2020. The desk review will be performed remotely and fieldwork will likely be required by local team members in late December or early January June depending on the results of the desk review and feedback received from RDMA. Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Conduct a desk review of documents relevant to USAID and Thailand DRG research and programming.
- Develop and finalize the assessment Design and data collection instruments, coordinating technical inputs from the team.
- Administer interviews with stakeholders in Thailand.
- Guide and oversee the development and finalization of project deliverables, including the research plan and literature review, data collection tools, concept development workshop, and final report and applicable presentations.
- Present findings and associated results to key stakeholders.
- Ensure quality work in all deliverables; implement SI quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Master’s degree and at least seven years of related experience, or PhD and five years of related experience in political science, international relations, social sciences, economics or any other relevant field.
- Extensive and current experience in USAID governance programming. Significant experience in Thailand will be considered an asset.
- Significant and current experience (at least three years) managing and conducting governance assessments, or similar research in the development field.
- Understanding of current Thailand country and political context as well as development challenges.
- Understanding of Thai government agencies, structure, policies, and functions preferred.
- Understanding of Thai CSO landscape and stakeholders preferred.
- Strong team management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of Thai will be considered a significant asset.