Team Lead, Evaluation Services,
US Department of State, Bureau of
International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL)
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as the Department of State, the World Bank, USAID, and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com .
MSI is recruiting a Team Lead for an evaluation services task order issued under the US Department of State Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) IDIQ Contract mechanism. This task order will procure evaluation services for the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in response to:
The Department of State's Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) is seeking proposals to evaluate its collaboration with the Government of Mexico on prisons programs.. the purpose of this evaluation is to inform INL's future provision of effective prison assistance in Mexico. The evaluation will seek to develop an understanding of what was and was not effective in the program to date and translate that into specific recommendations for future Design
" id="link" class="link">Program Design and execution. A secondary purpose is to inform an INL-wide policy decision on whether accreditation is an effective approach to building international corrections capacities to hold inmates in safe, secure, humane, and transparent conditions.
MSI is searching for a Team Lead (TL) to guide the evaluation design and management. This is a proposal opportunity at this time with a potential to lead to an employment opportunity In the near future.
The TL will direct and supervise a team and will be responsible for w orking closely with the client and MSI to ensure the submission of high-quality, relevant, accurate and timely deliverables responsive to task order and client needs.
- Provide overall leadership for the implementation of the task order contract while ensuring compliance with DOS requirements and regulations and MSI policies and procedures.
- Manage and supervise the work of team personnel to achieve evaluation objectives and ensure timely implementation of quality services and deliverables.
- Lead the development of evaluation tools including details of Data Collection protocols for surveys, focus groups and key informant interviews and plans for collection of all secondary data. Incorporate guidance from subject matter experts, the client and MSI.
- Lead and supervise team in data collection to be carried out in up to 12 states in Mexico, focused on assessing levels of violence within prisons, inmate escapes, riots, recidivism, etc. Will create a retroactive control group if possible .
- Lead a rigorous Analysis of the data. Also writing, and revising based on feedback, evaluation deliverables, which will likely include an evaluation report.
- Ensure analysis and reporting comply with DOS policies and evaluation industry best practices.
- Ensure adherence to high levels of Evaluation Ethics and Respondent Confidentiality.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer
This individual must have at a minimum:
- A master's degree in a relevant social science discipline or relevant work experience;
- At least seven years' experience conducting evaluations, including a minimum of two years leading evaluation teams;
- Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze data using credible, feasible, and culturally appropriate procedures; use systematic evidence to make evaluative judgments; involve stakeholders in designing, implementing, interpreting, and reporting evaluations, as appropriate; manage a feasible evaluation plan, budget, resources, and timeline; and plan for evaluation use;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in ways that enhance evaluation's effectiveness; and
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
Candidates with the following qualifications are also preferred:
- Experience in leading evaluations of security and/or Criminal Justice reform programs in Latin America, preferably related to prisons.
- Familiarity with the Merida Initiative, a partnership to fight organized crime and support Human Rights and the rule of law. Areas of collaboration under the Merida Initiative include building investigative and prosecutorial capacity and reforming Mexico's state and federal prisons.
- Prior experience as a team lead.
- Professional experience in Mexico.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills, resourcefulness and personal integrity.
- Experienced communicating technical findings in a user-friendly manner with strong Data Visualizations and using research and evaluation results to foster learning, guide decision making and support programmatic strengthening.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.