WWF, one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Sustainable Feed Systems Lead Specialist with in-depth knowledge of the animal feed industry. The incumbent will support and leverage the collective work of WWF’s Freshwater & Food and Markets teams to develop and implement strategies that will reduce the environmental footprint of animal feeds for Livestock and aquaculture production systems. The candidate will be required to build a program of work around the reduction in environmental impacts associated with raw material production for feed ingredients. The Lead Specialist is expected to provide thought leadership on approaches to engage industry, build successful platforms to foster pre-competitive commitments to reduce the key impacts of feed and feed ingredient production. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to manage and analyze scientific literature, large data sets, spot trends and forecast trajectories of the animal feed and Nutrition" id="link" class="link">Animal Nutrition sector. The incumbent will foster a shared understanding of the fundamental challenges and impacts of feed production and work across the various corporate and commodity experts within the WWF network to build consensusApply Now
- With a cross-cutting team, facilitate the development and implementation of a sustainable animal feed strategy incorporating the main environmental and land use impacts of WWF’s focal commodities constituting animals consuming feed and the raw materials that comprise feed.
- Provide leadership, vision and Coordination among the relevant commodity focal areas of the Freshwater and Food, Markets and other teams within WWF, enabling alignment in strategy, methodology, evaluation and communication of the impacts of animal feed within WWF and with external partners.
- Provide thought leadership to identify trends in animal feed production, utilization and innovations that reduce their environmental impacts.
- Track the latest scientific development and engage with relevant researchers regarding the relationship of key feed ingredients and animal nutrition, production efficiency and sustainability.
- Generate practical and implementable tactics that can be incorporated into focal commodity work to leverage collective gains in conservation related to feeds.
- Assess and develop interventions to enhance transparency and traceability in feed raw material procurement, distribution and utilization of feed throughout the Supply Chain.
- Support commodity leads in technical aspects of feed ingredient sourcing, feed production, utilization and Supply Chain Management.
- Provide Technical Support to foster and enhance corporate engagement and partnerships with the private sector;
- Engage and communicate with the WWF Network to provide thought leadership on feed-related issues.
- Maintain awareness of and inform the Food and Markets team of feed-related initiatives within and outside the WWF Network.
- Other duties assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree in animal nutrition, Marketing, supply chains and/or an MBA a plus.
- Must have 8 years of experience in the production, formulation, procurement, sales, supply chains and management of feed and/or optimizing animal nutrition in corporate environments.
- Experience in procurement of raw materials for feed production and applicability and context for livestock supply chains, as well as traceability and accountability systems for suppliers is preferred.
- Must have strong strategic and analytical skills
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in a second language, ideally in Spanish, Mandarin, or Thai, is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to span industry and non-profit sectors to generate consensus and collective vision is required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and produce high-quality work under time constraints is a must.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team is required.
- Excellent organizational and project leadership skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time, nationally as well as internationally
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #21007
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone