UNICEF Pacific is recruiting a Supply & Logistics Associate at the GS-6 level to join their Operations team based in Suva, Fiji. UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up. For every child, an opportunity UNICEF works with and for disadvantaged children and adolescents across the Pacific Islands. Our ambition is to get the entire country working together - as one - on behalf of its most vulnerable children. Explore the different areas of our work in the link provided here https://www.unicef.org/pacificislands/what-we-do How can you make a difference? The Supply and Logistics Associate performs highly skilled work on UNICEF supply chains, and manages the more complex cases and client requests, which frequently requires the evaluation of difficult situations and adaptation of procedures and processes to resolve such cases. In UNICEF Pacific Office this role will support the overall supply chain processes of the Office such as planning, procurement, contracting, preparation for review of procurement processes, Emergency preparedness and response, Market Research, vendor clearance, data Analysis and warehouse management. Under the Guidance of the guidance of the Supply & Logistics Specialist, the successful candidate will be required to carry out the following responsibilitiesApply Now
- Supports supply Emergency Preparedness and response activities.
- Performs Secretarial duties for Contract Review Committee and prepare requests for award. Corresponds with Vendor and Supply Division and prepare submission for Vendor Evaluation.
- Assist with Solicitation i.e. RFQ/ITB/RFP and creation of bidding documents.
- Creates Purchase Orders and Long Term Arrangement documents in VISION.
- Prepare Receipt of Goods forms and Waybills.
- Focal point for UNGM website and upload advertisements.
- Monitor and upload documents on the Consignment Tracker for all incoming and outgoing supplies.
- Prepare Goods Receipt (ZGIT) in VISION for all supplies received by offices and partners.
- Prepare Inventory of Supplies in Warehouses for monthly PMT meetings.
- Ensures UNICEF warehouse facilities and operations are in line with UNICEF policies and procedures.
- Identifies needs for contracting of logistics third party services.
- Ensures documentation is appropriate for processing of Logistics Operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), and take appropriate actions to resolve operational and handling issues, escalating complex issues to the supervisor.