- To ensure undisrupted functioning of SCS within AOR.
- To ensure that the Area SOC keeps a 24/7 watch to collect all available info in their AOR and send it to the FSCO and the Senior SOC/S through the Country SOC.
- To monitors the security situation within AOR;
- To monitor/track/report UN movement and activities within giver AOR.
- To maintain and update the Daily Staff List for respective AOR.
- To keep informed designated FSCO on all area-specific security and safety matters.
- To serve in the shift duty and manage the activity and performance of the staff of the SOC.
- To support Senior SOC/S to consolidate the integrated UN SCS in his area (GSM and Satellite transmission of data and voice for the UN AFPs).
- To maintain the availability of HF, UHF and/or VHF radio communication means for extreme emergencies.
- To assist designated FSCO in the implementation Security Plan;
- To plan and conduct communications training exercises and regular SCS checks/drills;
- To provide technical communications support to Senior SOC/S; to provide Technical Support to the logistical issue of procurement, maintenance, and repair of communications equipment.
- To advise Senior SOC/S of practical means to enhance communication capability.
- To draft and disseminate the Security Information Threat (STIs) notices, alerts, warnings, advisories, and updates.
- To draft and disseminate Daily Media Monitoring Reports;
- Any other task directed by designated FSCO and Senior SOC/S.
- Respect for diversity
- Planning and Organizing
- Client orientation
- Technological Awareness
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Managing Performance
- Building trust
- Judgment/decision making
- High school and technical qualification in communications.
- The bachelor degree is preferred but not a requirement.
- Recognized certificates in radio communication is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in practical communications implementation, preferably in the military or police context, or related field of work.
- Prior experience with the UN system or international NGOs is an advantage.
- Fluency in English language.
*QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLYDisclaimer
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.