Country:VenezuelaDepartment:Finance Essential Job Duties/Scope of Work: BACKGROUND TO THE ASSIGNMENT: International Medical Corps (IMC) seeks to address the insufficient access to mental Health Care Services in collaboration with Grupo Social Center for the Service of Popular Action (CESAP), a local partner.Through CESAP’s community-based Mental Health Care center and their robust network of social workers, International Medical Corps seeks to increase the availability and quality of mental health care services at both the clinical and community level. These interventions will focus on three states within Gran Caracas, Miranda, Capital District and La Guaira. By building the capacity of CESAP through targeted trainings, International Medical Corps will enhance their ability to provide the necessary care and interventions to those experiencing emotional distress and mental health conditions. Likewise, by supporting social workers with increased knowledge and tools, International Medical Corps and CESAP will increase awareness among targeted communities on help-seeking behavior and availability of services and care. International Medical Corps will also provide PSS trainings for other humanitarian actors on the ground, as IMC recognizes the need for such psychological support services are extremely high, due to the extreme needs all actors are attempting to address across different sectors. International Medical Corps will also contribute to the improvement of existing information sharing initiatives by enhancing Information Management with local partners in a systematic and transparent way. In the current context, the humanitarian community has struggled to maintain efficient and high-quality systems for gathering, collating, and sharing information and data. In addition to providing a consistent presence at Coordination" id="link" class="link">Cluster Coordination meetings, this position will support local humanitarian partners by strengthening their Information Systems and thus contributing to the overall quality of humanitarian coordination in country.partners assessments, develop monitoring and Capacity Building plan and follow up on the implementation, drafting sub-grant agreements and amendments, help monitor financial tranche payments, program narrative and financial reports and overall sub grant management and close out. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Apply Now
- Conduct pre-monitoring of sub-grants, lead the process of pre-award assessment, evaluate documents received and coordinate with the relevant departments in drafting risk determination form, identify risks and development of capacity building plan.
- Coordinate with the team to ensure timely financial and progress reporting is completed and submitted by sub-grantees, reviewed and approved on timely manner and file the reports in sub-grant management file.
- Consult with the team as needed for enhanced monitoring and evaluation exercises according to IMC best practices and compliance requirements. Ensure that monitoring plan includes measures to lessen financial and compliance risks.
- Assist in the preparation and review of sub grant agreements in collaboration with other departments and coordination with Roving Sub Grant Manager.
- Maintain sub grant tracking as well as grant files in accordance with the IMC Sub Grant Manual.
- In coordination with Roving Sub Grant Manager develop IMC resource tools for building capacity of partners.
- In close coordination with the program and finance team, and with support from Roving Sub Grant Manager, develop monitoring, field visits schedule and communication matrix.
- Ensure close communication with sub-grantees implementing projects.
- Provide on-going training and support to sub grantees in required sub grant overall procedures and assist in conducting formal sub grantee training workshops/kick-off meetings.
- Identify potential problems during implementation of projects by the sub-grantees and make recommendations.
- Conduct periodic audits of sub-grants and prepare site visit reports. Ensure that compliance and performance monitoring is conducted on regular basis. Follow up on all sub grant compliance issues and audits and document resolutions
- Following audits and subsequent discussions with the program and finance team, recommend financial, administrative and program training activities for sub-recipients.
- Sub grant close-outs ensuring that all requirements of the sub grant agreement have been met and that sub grant funds have been properly settled.
- Other duties as assigned