Sub-Award Officer participates in the due diligence assessment process and other activities to assess potential partners, trains partners in key functions, supports reviewing of sub-grant agreements, supports partners in preparing, reporting, and recording processes. Reviews and verified the expenditure reports of sub-recipient for completeness and compliance. He/ She will report to the Award and Sub-Award Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Full Cycle of Sub Grants Management
- Orient and train CARE and Partners staff on CARE’s Sub-Recipient Agreement Policy; develop sub-recipient training packages considering Donors and CARE requirements for the compliance
- Assist the award and sub-awards manager and coordinator with a new partner selection meeting, DDA, and OCAs to advise from a finance perspective.
- Maintain a complete set of filing and database for subgrant agreements according to CARE sub-award management policies and Donor requirements
- Perform the anti-terrorism check for sub-recipient key staff, board of trustees and vendor’s / service providers, keep them in database
- Support award and sub-awards manager and coordinator to perform any evaluation reports/trackers related to partners from the financial side.
- Monitor sub-recipient’s financial reporting and cash projections, provide the analytical review of the burn rates as linked with the project implementation by the partner agency under the supervision of the project managers.
- Conduct Monitoring and capacity building visits to the Partner agencies and document the process
- Monitor Cash on hand for Partners and reconcile the data as per their books vs CARE records
- Prepare and process the accruals of SGA expenses in GL - review and monitor the accruals and process timely reversals of GLs accruals vs records in AP module
- Control and analyze the aging of the prepayments to the partners and monitor that vs GL accruals
- Check all support documentation enclosed with the financial reports of the Partners and ensure full compliance with SGA requirements. Organize the filing for Partner’s documentation and process the liquidation
- Periodic review of Partners internal policies and procedures and propose the recommended improvements
- Assist in the process of any internal/external audits as needed and in coordination with the team and managers.
- Work with a program team for budget mapping for Partners budgeting
- Process the initial set up and revision in the system for partner budget
- Leading on the preparation of PALs, SGAs, SGAs modifications & preform budget revision for the partners and submit to the managers.
- Maintain and update the SGA status tracker to monitor the status of the PALs/SGAs/modification.
- Work on the closeout procedures of SGAs-closeout letters, checklist, assets, etc.
- Prepare capacity building and development plan for a sub-award assistant(s)
- Supervise sub-award assistant(s) and provide with on job training and capacity building
- Determine job priorities for a sub-award assistant(s)
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- University degree in finance or accounting
- Arabic speaker will be extra
- 2 years of work experience in the relevant field.
- Understanding of computer applications in respect to accounting, budgeting and cash control.
- Understanding the Subgrant management life cycle
- Familiar with capacity building for sub-recipient
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Turkish,
- problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrable high level of interpersonal skills and patience
- Technical, mathematical and logical thinking skills
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.