Ideally, this position will be located in WRI Brasil's São Paolo office, but other Latin American locations may be considered for an extraordinary candidate Job Summary In this role in our Global Forest Watch (GFW) team, you will be a part of the GFW Commodities and Finance team and lead the application of GFW Pro to commodity sector needs in Latin America. In this position, you will also coordinate with the GFW Global Engagement team, supporting the scaling of GFW’s suite of monitoring solutions in the region. Job Responsibilities Scaling of GFW Pro (75%)Apply Now
- Serve as the focal point for engagement with local actors – commodity companies, financial institutions, certification standards, NGOs, governments and others - leading GFW Pro presentations, trainings, onboardings, support and feedback collection
- Identify, surface and test ideas with users – such as new analyses, datasets and functionalities - for improving GFW Pro. Support focused proof-of-concept projects as relevant
- Attend regional technical fora pertaining to the intersection of commodity supply chains and deforestation monitoring, engaging and building networks and/or partnerships with commodity sector stakeholders
- Support engagement with local civil society actors, journalists, law enforcement, and other forest monitors by providing trainings and demonstrations on the GFW platform, Forest Watcher and MapBuilder applications, and responding to questions regarding their use
- Identify opportunities for combining GFW’s suite of monitoring solutions – GFW, Forest Watcher, MapBuilder and GFW Pro - and contribute to their implementation as relevant
- Undertake other activities related to GFW efforts in the region, such as assisting in new forest and land cover data acquisition and management
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience at the intersection of agricultural commodities and deforestation issues in Latin America. Prior experience working with and/or for the private sector agribusiness
- Master's degree in agricultural sciences, environmental sciences, environmental management or another relevant field (or a bachelor's degree with 2 additional years of relevant work experience)
- Good understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), with the ability to run basic analysis in ArcGIS software and discuss GIS concepts with a wide variety of stakeholders. Advanced GIS skills including the ability to utilize both ArcGIS Desktop 10.x and ArcGIS Online, work with both raster and vector-based GIS analysis, and run analysis on large and complex datasets is preferred.
- Demonstrated engagement and partner management skills with the ability to scale-up existing partnerships and form new partnerships
- Client-focused and delivery-oriented mindset
- Strong communication skills including the capacity to deliver presentations and trainings with ease
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities at once
- Ability to effectively work within a global team structure and carry-out both collaborative and individual work. Can take initiative and manage own time.
- Willingness to try new ideas and be innovative. Creative problem-solver
- Fluency in English and Portuguese and/or Spanish. Fluency in all three languages is preferred.