Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters Duty Stations.
Under the supervision of HR Specialist, Office of Human Resources, the UN Volunteers Staff Counsellors will:
- Provide psychological support to individual personnel working in different geographic locations through tele-counselling services; deliver group sessions for offices and teams on issues of common concern.
- Provide advice and other support to managers to help them ensure a psychologically healthy workplace.
- Contribute to the Design of policies and guidelines, as well as information / booklets to increase awareness about issues related to Mental Health and well-being; contribute to/develop promotional materials on key topics.
- Deliver workshops, trainings, and information sessions on a wide range of topics (e.g. stress management, Domestic Violence, mental Health Promotion etc) to ensure that staff regularly receive relevant information and are aware of sources where to find information or assistance.
- Actively engage with management and staff with a view to identifying their concerns.
- Prepare comprehensive reports, and plan and implement other staff counselling activities to ensure the provision of cohesive counselling services.
- Support the implementation of the UN Psychosocial Response for Covid-19.
- Masters or equivalent in clinical psychology, counselling, social work or psychiatry.
- 5 to 7 years of working experience and expertise in counselling is required;
- Experience in working in a hardship location and/or providing counselling in field locations is an asset;
- Registration as a mental health professional in the country of origin is required;
- Additional certification in trauma intervention, substance abuse counselling, cross-cultural communication is an advantage;
- Experience in counselling victims of gender-based violence is an asset;
- Fluent in English and at least one other language (Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian and Arabic).
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Registration as a mental health professional is required.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams