Translation and Documentation Section, Corporate Services Sr. Analyst Background: The Office of the Secretary’s main function is to provide services for the IDB and IIC Boards of Governors and Boards of Executive Directors (including their internal committees), the MIF Donors Committee, and Senior Management. The Translation and Documentation Section (SEC/TRD) ensures that official documents are translated expeditiously, in a manner equal to or exceeding the standards of professional skill and care common in the profession, having due regard for the nature and purposes of the Bank as a public international institution. Additionally, SEC/TRD is responsible for classifying, registering, and processing documents sent to the IDB Group’s executive decision-making bodies and Management. SEC/TRD retains the IDB Group’s registered documents and all documentation related to the activities of the executive decision-making bodies, until officially archived. It provides reference services related to the distribution of documents and terminological use to Management and the IDB Group. In addition, it organizes the translation and documentation services for annual meetings. SEC/TRD is seeking a professional to ensure the quality and completeness of documents handled by the Translation and Documentation Section for distribution to the IDB and IIC Boards of Governors, the IDB and IIC Boards of Executive Directors and their committees, and the Donors Committee of the Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF). What you’ll do: Under the supervision of the Chief of the Translation and Documentation Section your objectives will be the following:Apply Now
- In direct Coordination with the assigned reviser, prepare draft translations of recurrent documents for review and final completion.
- Cross-read and proofread IDB Group translations produced by staff translators, in house contractuals, and Freelance translators under SEC/TRD.
- Perform detailed quality control of translations of the IDB Group’s documents per SEC/TRD guidelines to ensure accuracy and consistency in the Group’s four official languages prior to the distribution to the decision-making bodies.
- Standardize terminology, query inconsistencies, fill in segments as identified in other documents translated by the Section, extract relevant terminology for future use, and carry out the final quality control of the finished product.
- Contribute to special Section projects, including in-house terminology and technical glossaries, the IDB Style Manual, and reference materials.
- Align documents using translation memory software. Update the translation memory and terminology databases as needed.
- Utilize the appropriate software programs to prepare the layout of IDB Group translations in final form in English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish, according to SEC/TRD standards, as necessary.
- Provide guidance and training to peers.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, workflows, tools and methodologies in technical area.
- Participate in the dissemination and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Education: You have a bachelor’s degree or licentiate in translation, languages, or a language-related field.
- Experience: You have a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience working with languages, translation, quality control, proofreading, or editing of documents, preferably in an international setting. You are familiar and comfortable using standard automated office systems, CAT tools, databases, and web technologies.
- Languages: You are proficient in English and Spanish; working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be considered a plus.
- Type of contract: fixed-term, staff
- Length of contract: 3 years
- Starting date: December 2020
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Requirements: You are a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.