Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations. Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Sahel Programme Coordinator and of the G5 Sahel Programme manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer in Technical Assistance to the G5 Sahel will:Apply Now
- Assist G5 Sahel Member States in the implementation of security structures, in particular the police component of the Joint Force, through the provision of a technical expertise and attendance to meetings related to this topic;
- Organize regional meetings, seminars and other training workshops through the development of their TORs, the drafting of agendas and of letters of invitation and their dissemination to the States and international organizations concerned;
- Select experts and complete all the necessary procedures regarding their recruitment, relocation and remuneration;
- Target participants and trainees by preparing the administrative, logistical and possibly financial aspects necessary for their participation;
- Engage with the relevant service providers to ensure that the necessary conditions exist for the organization of such activities, in particular the state of the rooms provided, their setting up, the presence of educational and security facilities, and other means of logistical support such as printers, scanners, etc;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Developing his or her knowledge of UNODC’s mandate, of the international conventions it guards, on the technical assistance tools available to UNODC, and on the existing implementation programs for these tools;
- An active participation with programme experts in the project design process, including definition of activities and mechanisms for their implementation, of the expertise requested and of stakeholders;
- The analysis of its projects and their programming in a manner that allows the passage from a lower stage to a higher stage of implementation;
- Capacity building of the program in terms of communications, through presentations to donors and other international partners.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent