Deadline for Applications: 21/01/2020 Organizational Unit: Secretariat of the Assembly of States Parties Duty Station: The Hague - NL Type of Appointment: Fixed-Term Appointment Post Number: T-2377 Minimum Net Annual Salary : €46,664.00 Contract Duration: General Temporary Assistance (GTA) until 31/12/2020, with the possibility of extension A roster of suitable candidates may be established for this post as a result of this selection process for fixed-term appointments against both established posts and positions funded by general temporary assistance (GTA). Organisational Context The Secretariat (SASP) provides the Assembly and its Bureau and subsidiary bodies with administrative and technical assistance in the discharge of their functions under the Statute. The Secretariat provides substantive servicing of the Assembly and its subsidiary bodies. The substantive servicing functions include, inter alia, providing legal and substantive Secretariat Services, such as the provision of documentation, reports and analytical summaries, and supplying advice within the Secretariat on legal and substantive issues relating to the work of the Assembly. Duties & Responsibilities Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Secretariat of the Assembly and in close collaboration with the Special Assistant to the Director (P-2), the incumbent will perform the following tasks and responsibilities:Apply Now
- Assist to plan, organize and coordinate the provision of the technical servicing needs of the Assembly of the States Parties, its Bureau and other subsidiary bodies, as appropriate. The services to be provided, within the respective budget allocation and timelines, include: Security, interpretation, badges, catering, hospitality, supplies, Information Technology, copiers, etc. When sessions take place in The Hague, also serve as a conference room officer, with responsibility for overall management and logistical Coordination of the servicing of the plenary meetings;
- Assist to plan and prepare the lists of speakers at ASP thematic plenary sessions, keeping meticulous records ensuring the information of the speakers is correct that speeches are collected and distributed afterwards, as well as posted on the website;
- Support the Director in key administrative and protocol matters, such as those concerning translation and interpretation services; coordinate all requisite steps to ensure that Assembly and its subsidiary bodies have proper protocol in place;
- Oversee and assist in the preparation of media guidelines and accreditation and issuance of badges at Assembly sessions;
- Assist with organizing official trips of the Director and the president of ASP President, when required;
- Draft various correspondence such as notes/letters related to the Secretariat mandate;
- Maintain the archives and files of general information on sessions and meetings and complete various forms concerning meetings;
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks, as required by the Director, such as covering meetings when other colleagues at the professional level are not available or when the workload so requires.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent drafting skills; Good analytical skills;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills;
- Professionalism in applying judgment in the context of assignments given;
- Knowledge of office ERP systems (e.g. SAP);
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with people of different national and cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.